• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Good to meet you!

I can't stop thinking about those green Lowndes though...

Yeah, actually sat next to you. You had more shoes around you than on the shelves! LOL

I do have several DMs and love em, as beautiful as those green suede were I couldn't see them fitting in/working for me.

EnglishShoes

Reaction score
Also, I've never had country grain leathers before.

Can I just use Saphir creams and wax polish like smooth calf leather? Does grain leather have some kind of coating on it?

There is one small shop scuff that I want to re colour with Saphir cream.

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, I've never had country grain leathers before.

Can I just use Saphir creams and wax polish like smooth calf leather? Does grain leather have some kind of coating on it?

There is one small shop scuff that I want to re colour with Saphir cream.

Thats a very good plan - I`d nourish with a cream to get into the grains little patterns, and you can finish off with a wax - they can take a good shine, but it usually looks better on the toe area - perhaps the grain is stretched there are smoother. But because of the drains pattern, as the leather creases, the wax becomes waxy, and can do with multiple brushings between wears.

eljimberino

Reaction score
Just got delivery of Harlechs after 2 months of waiting. I really like these boots and construction is rock solid. Fit is perfect as well. i will be getting the flush metal toe taps installed on these by B. Nelson in NYC.
I use Dasco Knightbridge shoe trees on most of the C&J shoes for which picture is shown here as well and they fit great on most of the lasts like 348/337/341/335/358.

Can anyone suggest me good options for summer loafers as i don't currently have any from C&J. thanks

Nice. Did you order directly from C & J? How long was the wait? Did you stay TTS or go down half a size?

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. Did you order directly from C & J? How long was the wait? Did you stay TTS or go down half a size?
Thanks. Yes i ordered from C&J Burlington Arcade in UK. NY store didn't had in stock so i ordered in UK anyways to get better pricing as i save the VAT.
took around 2.5 months for Delivery as they placed my order directly with factory. for size i stayed TTS and fit is great. Trying to break them in as Shell is very tough and takes some time.

eljimberino

Reaction score
Thanks. Yes i ordered from C&J Burlington Arcade in UK. NY store didn't had in stock so i ordered in UK anyways to get better pricing as i save the VAT.
took around 2.5 months for Delivery as they placed my order directly with factory. for size i stayed TTS and fit is great. Trying to break them in as Shell is very tough and takes some time.

Awesome. These are my current top of the list. Were you tempted by the Skye cordovan model?

Any chance you could post pics of your Harlech's in sunlight?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Did you get hit with import duty?

mk nautilus

Reaction score
I too visited the factory outlet this weekend.

Picked up some Hallams in 'antique burgundy', a colour I can only seem to find elsewhere in women's shoes.
Being pretty much new to quality shoes, these are a new world of comfort and style.
The only flaw I can find is one of the toecaps not being square, but you can only notice this if the shoes are against each other. A steal for 180GBP.

Last edited:

NewStart

Reaction score
I too visited the factory outlet this weekend.

Picked up some Hallams in 'antique burgundy', a colour I can only seem to find elsewhere in women's shoes.
Being pretty much new to quality shoes, these are a new world of comfort and style.
The only flaw I can find is one of the toecaps not being square, but you can only notice this if the shoes are against each other. A steal for 180GBP.

Congrat! Great shoes and great first post. Burgundy is gorgeous!!!

NewStart

Reaction score
Thank you.
It seems to be different burgundy to the colour C&J usually offer. Looks more purple and less red. It's used on the 'Jenny' and the 'Courtenay'
I was so tempted to pick that exact same shoes yesterday, but I opted for the Tedbury instead (pictures to follow later when I have some sunlight in London :D)

And I am not sure if you or anyone experienced sizing problem with the recent batch of reject at C&J.

I am a normal 7.5/8E for C&J, but when I visited the shop ytd, all of the 7.5 I tried were far too big for me that I ended up with a 7E. Not sure if it was just me.

Scary lesson that now will stop me from acquiring shoes over the internet

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads