• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

fitzcooper

Reaction score
Thanks! How do you find the non- speed hook version? Does it still feel strong in the ankle area? Also, what is the pair on far right?
You're welcome. They are a little more difficult to get off an on but no big deal. I love them. The far right are a pair of Tricker's captoe boots in Mogano shell cordovan that I got from Richard at the Shoe Healer. I believe that they were a special make up that he had done called the Hermann and they were the last pair that he had when I ordered them. Sort of an impulse buy but they are pretty sweet. Super thick double sole (I put a topy on them since I planned to wear them in wet weather and now they are even beefier). Basically built like tanks. I would go Tricker's again but be advised that the last is very generous and not at all sleek compared to lots of these other boots.

Gilmour

Reaction score
Could someone please post a photo of those FB DB Conistons?
I do not know if it helps but here is a close up of the Peal & Co for BB on the 240 last Coniston.

I posted these before but it takes a long time to go through this entire thread.

Last edited:

sleepyinsanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't think I do. Maybe a tad but not enough to go to an E

In that case an 8 should be alright for both the peal and marlow ptb shoes.
People with narrower feet can often go a half size down on those shoes, but i'd think the TTS sizes would have a better chance of fitting, like the previous posted suggested (given that you are unable to try them on)

szerwo

Reaction score
Anyone know when I could expect to score some Ralph Lauren Marlow's on sale? Is it a semi-annual thing? Not familiar with Ralph Lauren.

Also, does Ralph Lauren's site list UK or US sizing? Thanks!

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe it's twice per year im grabbing the short wings with the quick ness.

UK sizing I believe most take their barrie size if that helps.

Last edited:

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are these C&J? http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.
00ae.png
-Medallion-Captoes/MH00454,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00454_Color=BRWN&contentpos=1&cgid=0522 Seems too expensive for Loake or AE. Only other possibility is Alfred Sargent.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you have wide feet? or a high instep?
I'm trying to reconcile between your 7.5 D Alden barrie and 8.5 quoddy/rancourt fits...
Sounds off to me also. I don't have any Barrie shoes, but I think general consensus is that one's Barrie is equivalent to half size smaller than one's Brannock. Personally that would make me US 8.5D for Barrie. The only Rancourt shoes I have are US 8.5, but they are loafers.

JR Magat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am fairly new to Crockett & Jones, where I just purchased a pair of RL Marlow PTBs from a SF member & love them! I have had my eyes on a pair of Alden whiskey shell LHS loafers, but saw that Crockett & Jones has a nice whiskey shell loafer available (Harvard).

Any suggestions for sizing where I am a 8.5 on the Brannock?

stock photo from Ben Silver:

Allen Dreadmon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your PTB acquisition! The Harvard is shaped on the 314 last which fits small. I suggest you try an 8E Uk size equivalent. Please let us know if they accept the order, I was wondering how long it might take and if they are still available.

szerwo

Reaction score
Picked up these stunning CJ Cardigans in Brown Shell Cordovan from Sky Valet. My first pair of wingtips, it was love at first sight with these. I really like the finishing on CJ shell compared to Alden, much more subtle and matte. The color is also much nicer than Alden's Cigar IMO, and the 335 last is an awesome and generous fit.

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Picked up these stunning CJ Cardigans in Brown Shell Cordovan from Sky Valet. My first pair of wingtips, it was love at first sight with these. I really like the finishing on CJ shell compared to Alden, much more subtle and matte. The color is also much nicer than Alden's Cigar IMO, and the 335 last is an awesome and generous fit.
What a beauty, the metal eyelets work great with shell

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads