• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Thanks John Elliott!

Styleforum was one of the first digital communities to embrace John Elliott, and in recognition of that, John Elliott has extended to our comunuty a monthly discount to fans of the brand who engage here. Simply enter the code for SF-OCT-15

Check out all of their new arrivals here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

jellyroller

Reaction score
CF Stead Repello is a split suede, although a high-quality one. I sent an email to C&J a while back specifically asking about the Lanark 3 in brown suede. Their response, “The suede on the Lanark is split calf suede.” (I was also surprised at split suede). FYI, C&J’s handgrade line uses un-split reverse suede.

I still enjoy the split suede Lanarks and find them to be of excellent materials and construction.

You inspired me to wear my pair today

Attachments

• IMG_3742.jpeg
    IMG_3742.jpeg
    233.9 KB · Views: 47

martin92

Reaction score
Good description of a similar footshape. I'd rate 4497 my favorite, and 325 my second favorite out of 10-15 or so different lasts. Appears I now need a C&J on the 365 last to confirm.

Unfortunately this is only used in boots and not shoes (I like boots, but don't wear them too often).

You can still make special order for shoes with 365 if you want. I will do it as well in future.

martin92

Reaction score
I stopped by the CJ shop on Jermyn Street today to check out a few models from their winter collection. The main ones I was interested in were the Kelso, Elgin, and then the Chepstow. I already own a dark brown suede derby boot in the Eskdale 2, so I wasn’t sure if getting something so similar made sense. However, I ended up really liking the Chepstow, especially since it’s on the same last as the Eskdale.

I also have a dark brown suede chukka boot, so I’m leaning towards getting the Chepstow in mushroom suede instead. One thing I don’t understand is the pricing – the espresso suede version is £545 (same as the leather version), but the mushroom suede is £475. Does anyone know why there’s such a difference in price for the same boot in different suede colours?
Thank you for sharing!
I didn't like Elgin on marketing photos and videos, but here with jeans on more real photos they look very good.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legality