• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLEFORUM MEETUP - Styleforum and Epaulet at Alfargo's Market NYC (9/27 and 9/28)

This Friday and Saturday night, please join Styleforum and Epaulet at the esteemed Alfargo's Marketplace. It will take place at the Neue House on 25th Street and Park Ave. Everyone is welcome. Check out our Alpaca Project and have beverage on us.

Details can be found here

Fok and the Styleforum Team and Epaulet.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
Anyone might be interested in a potential Pembroke or Lindrick GMTO in green scotch grain? Please give a "thumbs up like" if the idea potentially interests you.

It was done for barneys in 2015 and by C&J a while back for 25th anniversary of the pembroke (see pics below)

Last edited:

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
Here's the pembroke they did. And some pics of green scotch/pebble grain

Screenshot_20240930_192227_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240930_192220_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240930_192211_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240930_192055_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240930_191806_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240930_191802_Chrome.jpg

Pembroke photos by Stevent

Ypuh

Reaction score
Not the Lindrick, as I already own a greenish Tricker's Stow and (no matter how much I like them) don't wear boots too frequently. The Pembroke would be very hard to resist, but I have to admit C&J MTO's are likely out of budget for me, considering our nation demands a 16% import tax and 21% sales tax and some other fees.

It'd be cheaper to take the day off and fly there than have customs pass through a package, which ruins much of the fun. I can practically see England from my office window (Netherlands).

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
Be in the catalogue by Xmas….😂😂😂
Won't be surprised :) Its the 35th anniversary of the Pembroke in 2025. So we can expect some special edition of the pembroke (e.g. green and/or other colour ways). On the 25th anniversary they did variations in blue scotch grain and green scotch grain

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got these babies today, I was initially looking at and on the waiting list of a local stockist NOOS for the Harvard Cordovan, as my go to size of UK 8.5E was sold out, but today is also the last working day here before the long national holidays so I decided to go to the flagship brick and mortar store to have a peek and touch of the Cordovan loafers.

The Harvard was sitting on the display shelf in all of its glory, but the Yale in Burgundy had really caught my eye, and it was available in my size. I was aware of the Yale from the Crockett & Jones website and a few pictures from various sources, yet it looked remarkably stately and chiselled to me with its curved full strap, natural Cordovan shine and build quality. I have always wore UK 8.5E on the Sydney (341), Audley (337), Hallam (348) and Malton (360), and these fits me with no issues at all, the Yale will finally add a second loafer to my rotation and hope it will last for quite some time to come.

View attachment 2255151

View attachment 2255153

View attachment 2255155

View attachment 2255157

View attachment 2255159

View attachment 2255161

View attachment 2255163

View attachment 2255165

View attachment 2255167

View attachment 2255169

View attachment 2255171

View attachment 2255173

View attachment 2255175

View attachment 2255177

Actually not a shell fan, but those loafers look really nice in that red shade. The jacket is not a tad less attractive.

jellyroller

Reaction score
Actually not a shell fan, but those loafers look really nice in that red shade. The jacket is not a tad less attractive.

I’m curious as to why you aren’t a shell fan. I have several pair of shell shoes and I’m undecided on cordovan generally speaking. I find that shell looks amazing out of the box but doesn’t take long to lose its beauty. Most of my shell pairs look pretty beat up despite regular brushing, applications of cordovan cream, and always using shoe trees when not being worn. I may stick with high quality calf and suede going forward.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m curious as to why you aren’t a shell fan. I have several pair of shell shoes and I’m undecided on cordovan generally speaking. I find that shell looks amazing out of the box but doesn’t take long to lose its beauty. Most of my shell pairs look pretty beat up despite regular brushing, applications of cordovan cream, and always using shoe trees when not being worn. I may stick with high quality calf and suede going forward.

You said it yourself. I don't like as cordovan ages and creases, never finely as calf and other leathers do. If you need a thicker leather, just go for cow hide.

I had some pairs in the past, but think I won't have any in the future.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So hold on, have you not consider or tried using the Tan(03) shoe cream for Tan SG? I was supposing that to be the "default" cream for tan and I was planning to use it, but I would very curious to know other suggestions.
Personally, I always go for and try to use neutral, I prefer aged leather look. I only use pigment when the toes or heels are really scuffed up and pigment is lost. Also, aforementioned only applies to my dressier footwear. My rugged shoes or boots never get any pigment.

Markintosh

Reaction score
Started the week with dark brown country grain Pembroke's - vibram soles....

IMG_0630.jpeg

Fenners81

Reaction score
I’m finding my Pembrokes in G width have begun to feel slightly room unless I wear very thick socks. Has anyone successfully reduced the volume of their shoes? I can see heel pads, tongue pads and insoles are options. Any tips? Photo below shows lacing with no gap.

1727769209296.png

Last edited:

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
I’m finding my Pembrokes in G width have begun to feel slightly room unless I wear very thick socks. Has anyone successfully reduced the volume of their shoes? I can see heel pads, tongue pads and insoles are options. Any tips?
Interesting fenners. its often we are on the same frequency. I was thinking to go G width on my next pembroke. My E fit pembroke is slightly constrained on width (but not to any degree where its uncomfortable). Your post has made me rethink

Fenners81

Reaction score
Interesting fenners. its often we are on the same frequency. I was thinking to go G width on my next pembroke. My E fit pembroke is slightly constrained on width (but not to any degree where its uncomfortable). Your post has made me rethink
Don’t be put off by this. I got these in a 9.5UK and I’m typically a 9. I picked them up for £100 BNIB so I didn’t mind. They fit ok but just a bit roomy hence my request for advice. My best fitting Pembroke’s are actually F fitting, made on the same last as the Grizedale boots.

PairOfDerby's

Reaction score
I'm also considering G width Pembroke or Bradford (G fit 341) as I could do with a bit more width across the forefoot but I don't want to be slipping about at the heel. How does the G fit Pembroke work in this regard?

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim__mk