• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

BurgundyOxfords

Reaction score
All this Pembroke talk has got me thinking. I've always been drawn to the shoe but have felt that the 325 just wouldn't work on my wide feet. Islay fit perfectly with no excessive room across the ball. Any interest for a GMTO for a Pembroke in brown riughout in the 365 and with a Ridgeway sole*?

*I'd prefer the Vikram Londra, but that a a no-go with Crockett.

i am interested in rather Cardigan > Pembroke in 378 or 365. Though I would like the chestnut smooth calf similar to the Skye 3 chestnut boot.

Do you feel like if 365 was a bit wider in the forefoot you could go half a size down?

We could inquire for 365 F width.
E < F < G < H

Attachments

• 9353C482-2866-4799-BF75-A52B056B74AC.jpeg
    9353C482-2866-4799-BF75-A52B056B74AC.jpeg
    27.6 KB · Views: 98

Von Knauzenstein

Reaction score
How long till they get lighter like this?

who needs tan MTO … just wear them until they bec tan
I don’t remember but i i think I didn’t use shoe cream for a year or so, just renovateur. I did use cream a week or so ago and they look like new again. Well sort off, I used them a few times in soaking rain after the cream.

IMG_0557.jpeg

Last edited:

Moostyle

Reaction score
Hi everyone does anyone have any ideas what I can do about the horrendously thin and ineffective tounge that C&J put on the Harlech (and Islay)? The thing is a nightmare, constantly worming its way around the side of my lower leg and creating discomfort in a way that none of my other boots do. Is there something that can be done at a cobblers or do I just have to live with it? :(

BurgundyOxfords

Reaction score
Hi everyone does anyone have any ideas what I can do about the horrendously thin and ineffective tounge that C&J put on the Harlech (and Islay)? The thing is a nightmare, constantly worming its way around the side of my lower leg and creating discomfort in a way that none of my other boots do. Is there something that can be done at a cobblers or do I just have to live with it? :(
How thin can you post a foto (with measuring tape next to it)?
I guess you could let a cobbler put some lining on it or maybe use one of these Pedag pads for the tongues.

Attachments

• IMG_6955.jpeg
    IMG_6955.jpeg
    236.9 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

BurgundyOxfords

Reaction score
This find from Japan: let’s make it an GMTO last 365 E or F
Oak wax calf
Double stitch alongside the brogue detailing
Ridgeway or Dianite

View attachment 2142741

There is now a GMTO for this exact model:
On 365 E last (378 E is debatable)
in colour Oak
in smooth waxed calf leather
on ridgeway sole

I am waiting for a response from CJ on pricing.

Additionally CJ headquarters will let us know if there are width F for 365 and 378. We could run a pole regarding width and figure out if it’s advantageous to move to a slightly wider F last of 365 or 378. keep in mind F is a small step as there is even wider G width.

GMTO Link:

florent

Reaction score
A cobbler can stitch it on a side of the facings, easy intervention

jssdc

Reaction score
Can you show some pictures to demonstrate what you mean? I haven’t really any idea what you’re talking about.

BurgundyOxfords

Reaction score
There is now a GMTO for this exact model:
On 365 E last (378 E is debatable)
in colour Oak
in smooth waxed calf leather
on ridgeway sole

I am waiting for a response from CJ on pricing.

Additionally CJ headquarters will let us know if there are width F for 365 and 378. We could run a pole regarding width and figure out if it’s advantageous to move to a slightly wider F last of 365 or 378. keep in mind F is a small step as there is even wider G width.

GMTO Link:

So the GMTO is set to be as follows:
Last: 365 E
Leather: wax calf (see fotos)
Colour: Oak
Sole: Ridgeway
Eyelets: 5x exposed

Attachments

• IMG_6939.jpeg
    IMG_6939.jpeg
    372.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_6938.jpeg
    IMG_6938.jpeg
    349.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_6936.jpeg
    IMG_6936.jpeg
    472.9 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_6934.jpeg
    IMG_6934.jpeg
    560.4 KB · Views: 144

BurgundyOxfords

Reaction score
I haven’t received add info about the Bangor yet but a few weeks ago the price for a shoes GMTO was approx 540 incl. VAT. If it Is to be done on last 378 it’s +50 gbp.

We need 10 participant.

Last edited:

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven’t received add info about the Bangor yet but a few weeks ago the price for a shoes GMTO was approx 500 incl. VAT. If it Is to be done on last 378 it’s +50 gbp.

We need 10 participant.
I'm on the fence. I just had a second retina detach, and the surgery has maxed my annual out of pocket expense (I'm in the US and have to deal with our rent-seeking, parasitic for-profit health insurance system), so I might but don't want to commit immediately.

BurgundyOxfords

Reaction score
I'm on the fence. I just had a second retina detach, and the surgery has maxed my annual out of pocket expense (I'm in the US and have to deal with our rent-seeking, parasitic for-profit health insurance system), so I might but don't want to commit immediately.
oh man, hope surgery went well! all the best!

Moostyle

Reaction score
GMTO: Dundee Whiskey Shell Cordovan

Reminder for a GMTO currently running for a Dundee boot in whiskey shell cordovan. The specifications are set out below.

- Model: Dundee
- Last: 325 or 335
- Width: E (regular)
- Material: Shell Cordovan
- Colour: Whiskey
- Welt: Stormwelt
- Sole: Dainite
- Tongue: Regular
- Edge Finish: Antique
- Eyelets: 4 exposed + 4 speedhooks (antique brass)
- Pull Tab: Yes
- Price: £1150 inc. VAT / £958 exc. VAT (price to be confirmed by C&J only when we have confirmed number of participants)

For references and photos of the Dundee boot, visit the following SF threads:

Example 1
Example 2
Example 3
Example 4

Here is the link to the Dundee Whiskey Shell GMTO spreadsheet.
Ahh I would be really interested in this GMTO if it was a gusseted tounge that actually stayed firmly in place all day while wearing them. My Harlech and Islay tounges are so thin (narrow accross in width) that they do not stay in place and always creep around to the outer side of both feet. I need to take them to a cobbler and see what they can do.

Who knows, if its an easy fix I may yet be interested in this GMTO, but at the moment the very narrow tounge style is a downside to C&J in my eyes.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads