• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Treble

Reaction score
To complicate things, I take US9D in Alden LHS and UK8.5E in C&J Harvard (both cordovan). That means I size down 0.5 in the Alden loafer (Van last) but take the Harvard (314 last) in my usual C&J size. I take 325, 335 and 341 all in UK8.5E.

I think C&J’s advice is to go down 0.5 on the Harvard but personally I would not recommend that. Half a size down would have been too tight for my feet. If anything, the Harvard in UK8.5E feels a tiny bit tighter than Alden LHS in US9D.
But loafers can be tricky to size so absolutely best if one can try them on before buying.

Thanks. Think I'm ok with a uk10 in harvard. Tight but acceptable in some spots and a bit loose in others, though still breaking them in. Maybe can get away with a uk9.5 in the LHS as they seem wider.

Webbo

Reaction score
Thanks. Think I'm ok with a uk10 in harvard. Tight but acceptable in some spots and a bit loose in others, though still breaking them in. Maybe can get away with a uk9.5 in the LHS as they seem wider.
I have both (10UK havard and 10.5E LHS). The D width LHS is definitely not wider than the Havard

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
x-post WAYWRN - The double monk straps are Crockett & Jones private label for Paul Stuart, model name Hawthorne.

IMG_2267.JPG

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These just came back from Spa treatment in Northampton.They are ageing with grace and are extremely comfortable.
I went with a commando sole again as I think its aesthetic suits the boots, even if I sometimes get small stones stuck between the cleats. The ridgeway sole is less prone to this problem but for some reason doesn't seem 'right' on the Snowdon.

71iUe8f.jpg

mYjcjp2.jpg

g1YaJrC.jpg

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of spa treatment, just got mine back as well. A bit of a hiccup with the service but ultimately alls well that ends well. Got the leather sole converted to their rubber/city sole and a break in the Pittsburgh weather allowed me to get these on feet. Feel very comfortable and the rubber will now make them a regular part of the rotation once winter ends. IMG_0577.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads