• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Style989

Reaction score
Damn, CJ said only tan available. I'm liking the black

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Roughout Coniston back from C&J restoration with new Rideway soles
IMG_0718.jpg

dratty

Reaction score
Roughout Coniston back from C&J restoration with new Rideway soles
View attachment 2085801
What did the restoration consist of? Was it just a resole or did you have any work done on the lining? Do you mind me asking how much they charged? I have 2 pairs of C&J that need a resole and I'm trying to figure out whether it's worth the money sending back to the factory

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What did the restoration consist of? Was it just a resole or did you have any work done on the lining? Do you mind me asking how much they charged? I have 2 pairs of C&J that need a resole and I'm trying to figure out whether it's worth the money sending back to the factory
This was strictly a resole as no other work needed to be done after they checked the boots when received. I went through the website and cost was $279 all in. This included a prepaid shipping label to ship to the UK ($20) and shipping back to me ($20). I paid online after they received and confirmed what work was required.

Is there a double row of stitching in the welt or is that just a distortion in the picture?

View attachment 2085901

Good catch. Not a double row of stitching but the welt there could use some touch up

dratty

Reaction score
This was strictly a resole as no other work needed to be done after they checked the boots when received. I went through the website and cost was $279 all in. This included a prepaid shipping label to ship to the UK ($20) and shipping back to me ($20). I paid online after they received and confirmed what work was required.

Good catch. Not a double row of stitching but the welt there could use some touch up
Thanks. Inflation has really hit the Northampton boot and shoe market. My first C&J boots were €380 full RRP. A resole is looking like around €250 including postage

T1mb0

Reaction score
Couple of pics of C&J Chelsea boots for Bodileys in dark brown purchased in their sale a couple of weeks ago.
And next to the Chelsea 11 Slate I already had. These are different enough colours to justify having both (right? :))

IMG_0145.jpeg

IMG_0150.jpeg

I’m not sure what last the Bodileys are on but they’re slightly sleeker than the 11’s, still with a storm welt.

IMG_0148.jpeg

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple of pics of C&J Chelsea boots for Bodileys in dark brown purchased in their sale a couple of weeks ago.
And next to the Chelsea 11 Slate I already had. These are different enough colours to justify having both (right? :))

View attachment 2086783

View attachment 2086785
I’m not sure what last the Bodileys are on but they’re slightly sleeker than the 11’s, still with a storm welt.

View attachment 2086789
I have the Bodileys and was told they are on the 325 last

T1mb0

Reaction score
I have the Bodileys and was told they are on the 325 last
Thank you for satisfying my curiosity. That sounds right as the 11’s are on 335 and putting the Bodiley Chelsea’s next to my Coniston (also 325) would say it is the same last.

Eta: just noticed in your avatar looks like you have Coniston and Pembroke too 👍

Last edited:

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for satisfying my curiosity. That sounds right as the 11’s are on 335 and putting the Bodiley Chelsea’s next to my Coniston (also 325) would say it is the same last.

Eta: just noticed in your avatar looks like you have Coniston and Pembroke too 👍
I also have the 11s in brown scotch grain + 2 Pembrokes, 3 Conistons and the Islay. I might be done for now :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads