• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Style989

Reaction score
Hi fellow shoe connoisseurs, i am interested in getting the CJ Perth derby boots for my birthday. I have been eyeing them for a while now. Just wondering if anyone who has got them are able to comment on how they look and feel? Wouldnt mind looking at some real world pictures as well ( i love looking at shoe pics). It would mainly be used for work place purposes and less for casual.
Only 6 hours to wait. Applied from 1st March, so we can check tomorrow.
£40-£50 on most models.

Paint_it_blue

Reaction score
Only 6 hours to wait. Applied from 1st March, so we can check tomorrow.
I think we've got our answer now... 8% increase in EU on the models that I know (Islay, Coniston, Chiltern).

Funny to think that I just went to the CJ retail store in Paris last Saturday to inquire about the increase... "not that I know" did the man say. I better trust SF.

BTW, happy to join the CJ thread :) I joined the cult about a year ago and already own 3 pairs of them (Islay, Chiltern, and a pair of Sandhurst they only released for winter sales this year). They might not always be the best bargain on the market, but I find the style incredible.

Last edited:

Gustaf

Reaction score
I think we've got our answer now... 8% increase in EU on the models that I know (Islay, Coniston, Chiltern).

Funny to think that I just went to the CJ retail store in Paris last Saturday to inquire about the increase... "not that I know" did the man say. I better trust SF.

BTW, happy to join the CJ thread :) I joined the cult about a year ago and already own 3 pairs of them (Islay, Chiltern, and a pair of Sandhurst they only released for winter sales this year). They might not always be the best bargain on the market, but I find the style incredible.

Welcome!

I believe a pair of Conistons would complement what is already a very fine C&J collection.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Islay boots. Now featuring chemical/water stains on the toes from New England winters. I don’t mind it personally.

BC1484DB-2DB2-4EEC-BEF7-AB0E2A4B6205.jpeg

Cooly

Reaction score
Wow! Have you used these for serious trekking? How have they performed? Are they breathable?

I was considering them (and Snowdon) for my trekking boots, but because they have a membrane I eventually chose Hanwag Tashi boots. I do multiple day hikes in wilderness. It is just my thing, but I personally want to stay away from membranes.
Ha, no, just a lot of urban and airport trekking :) They are my "go to" for whenever it is raining and/or I am traveling to a snowy area ...

Performance wise, had some break in period the first couple months ...especially going up and down stairs the boots were a bit stiff, but after breaking them in (you can see the creases around the ankles), they fit like a glove and probably some of my most comfy boots ever. I can put them on in the morning, double knot the laces, and my feet are nice and dry and warm all day.

As far as membrane, I either forgot or didn't even realize they had a membrane until you mentioned it. They seem breathable. In comparison to say the Moltons (which I also have and like - not as much as the grizedales though), they seem to be the same - as in I don't see any difference the membrane makes in breathability/comfort.

Mentally, I don't consider C&J trekking/hiking wear, and stick to the hiking brands for that kind of stuff, but you most definitely could with the grizedales.

Paint_it_blue

Reaction score
Welcome!

I believe a pair of Conistons would complement what is already a very fine C&J collection.
Thank you for the warm welcome!

And yes, the Conistons are definitely on my list. However, I'm not totally sure. I find the middle part of the foot a bit bulky in comparison to the tip on this model... I tend to think that the Conistons 2 perfectly correct that impression (the heel is more narrow from what I know), but I'd like to stay away from that kind of luxury:)

Wow, I talk like a shoes nerd now!

Menninki

Reaction score
Ha, no, just a lot of urban and airport trekking :) They are my "go to" for whenever it is raining and/or I am traveling to a snowy area ...

Performance wise, had some break in period the first couple months ...especially going up and down stairs the boots were a bit stiff, but after breaking them in (you can see the creases around the ankles), they fit like a glove and probably some of my most comfy boots ever. I can put them on in the morning, double knot the laces, and my feet are nice and dry and warm all day.

As far as membrane, I either forgot or didn't even realize they had a membrane until you mentioned it. They seem breathable. In comparison to say the Moltons (which I also have and like - not as much as the grizedales though), they seem to be the same - as in I don't see any difference the membrane makes in breathability/comfort.

Mentally, I don't consider C&J trekking/hiking wear, and stick to the hiking brands for that kind of stuff, but you most definitely could with the grizedales.

Thanks for sharing. Those boots look impressive. I agree C&J might not be for trekking although I did seriously consider them, but with those Grizedales you surely would be the best dressed man in the trails. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads