• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C&J Harlech in brown cordovan. I'm not a fan of C&J brown cordovan, but my whiskey Harlech is probably my favorite footwear so decided to grab these during Fulham's black friday sale. I had to wait over a month to take delivery due to a combination of incorrect customs paperwork by Fulham, multiple DHL screwups and my holiday travel schedule. Finally got my hands on these on new year's eve.

DSC_0808.JPG
DSC_0807.JPG

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ CJ is probably my favorite maker alongside EG for that very reason.. A streamlined collection, fantastic materials, changes to designs and materials that happen slowly and a very uniform fit ... all that equates to styles that have become iconic over time !!!

Agree with everything you've written ... and iconic is a better/more appropriate adjective than "legendary". Personally I've tended to place a couple of other makers on par with C&J due to combination of reasons. However I'm beginning to think C&J is tops when it comes to fit, finish, and design balance. If only C&J would offer wider variety of colors and boots within their standard shell cordovan offering!

Last edited:

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in a pair of Brooks Bros Peal & Co. cordovan cap toe boots? I don’t love the fit so before I return them I figured I would offer them up for the price I paid. $675 net to me so $675 + fees and shipping. Size 9D

If not I’ll take them back over the weekend.

9DB7837F-95B4-482F-ACBF-0A1FB688A0A9.jpeg
CFD3CDAE-A1CD-4A3E-BBA2-1FA2BD9D615E.jpeg
447C73A6-7E02-47C9-A9C6-AA3FED8EB0AE.jpeg

if this is frowned upon, I’ll delete it but thought someone on this thread may appreciate the offer.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Anyone interested in a pair of Brooks Bros Peal & Co. cordovan cap toe boots? I don’t love the fit so before I return them I figured I would offer them up for the price I paid. $675 net to me so $675 + fees and shipping. Size 9D

If not I’ll take them back over the weekend.

View attachment 1308725 View attachment 1308726 View attachment 1308727

if this is frowned upon, I’ll delete it but thought someone on this thread may appreciate the offer.
Great idea. If they were 9 uk I’d have had em..?

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great idea. If they were 9 uk I’d have had em..?
There's still a US10 (and 13) left on BB's site for $659:

I'm a UK9 in every C&J last I've tried, ended up getting these boots in US10 and they fit great. I followed the sizing instructions in the comments on the site which said to order 1/2 down so I initially got a US9.5 and it was too small. Normal UK+1 conversion fit for me.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
There's still a US10 (and 13) left on BB's site for $659:

I'm a UK9 in every C&J last I've tried, ended up getting these boots in US10 and they fit great. I followed the sizing instructions in the comments on the site which said to order 1/2 down so I initially got a US9.5 and it was too small. Normal UK+1 conversion fit for me.
Alas they more than double the price to UK customers as it detects where you are shopping from! Thanks for heads up sir.

Attachments

• E2A2D4E5-5815-4174-9400-AE5A4136B914.jpeg
    E2A2D4E5-5815-4174-9400-AE5A4136B914.jpeg
    253.8 KB · Views: 67

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree with everything you've written ... and iconic is a better/more appropriate adjective than "legendary". Personally I've tended to place a couple of other makers on par with C&J due to combination of reasons. However I'm beginning to think C&J is tops when it comes to fit, finish, and design balance. If only C&J would offer wider variety of colors and boots within their standard shell cordovan offering!

I have and tried many makers over the years and always thought for some reason that CJ was a bit overpriced vs Spanish makers and other mid range affordable maker until got my hands on my first CJ shoes in Paris. I just feel they are a step above with how they look and fit. I now understand why they are a well respected shoe company.

Last edited:

florent

Reaction score

stijn

Reaction score
I have just posted a GMTO suggestion in the MTO thread, link here
Only 5 more people needed.

Westfield (Semi Brogue Oxford) in Whiskey Shell Cordovan. This is the build:

Model: Westfield
Upper: Whiskey Shell Cordovan
Last: 341
Width: Standard UK E (US D)
Edging: Antique => light colored similar to the whiskey shell Pembroke
Sole: Double Leather (JR if possible)
Medallion: same as the hatton & malton, if possible, if not the 2nd option would be as the pembroke, otherwise the original medallion
Welt: Flat Welt
Steel Toecaps: installed if possible

Westfield in dark brown cordovan:
UmkTj.jpg

Umw04.jpg

Medallion of the Hatton model:
UmM5I.png

Sole color:
Umdo1.jpg

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sale is at New and Lingwood.

They deduct VAT, and stack the 15% off code when you sign up for their email list.

They have cordovan, benchgrade, and hand grade models on sale.

To see all the sale shoes, don’t click on the Sale link. Click on the shoes category to get a full listing.

Their Tetbury-like boot is on the 341 last, and hits 60% off after VAT deduction and newsletter code, for example. The hand grades hit closer to 50% off.
Thanks for posting about the sale and picked up the Handgrade model (Leather Hand Grade Devon short Boots) for $316 :) and hoping to receive it soon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads