• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hesitating between Edgware and Alex in black for evenings out and occasional office wear.

Opinions here on which is better suited?

Both work equally fine for business and with a suit in the evening.

Alex, of course, can be also worn for black tie if polished to a nice shine.

SartorialSol

Reaction score
Both work equally fine for business and with a suit in the evening.

Alex, of course, can be also worn for black tie if polished to a nice shine.
Agree with this. The Alex is probably a better choice for you than the Edgeware. May I suggest the Audley as well?

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you gents think of a Cardiff Derby Style in Tan Burnished Calf?

I am not sure why it's no longer visible on the CJ web page, but does look more refined compared to a scotch grain Pembroke and more versatile for a city wear.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do you gents think of a Cardiff Derby Style in Tan Burnished Calf? I am not sure why it's no longer visible on the CJ web page, but does look more refined compared to a scotch grain Pembroke and more versatile for a city wear.
I just recently bought them and love love love them. Scroll back a few pages for my pics.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So is the Cardiff exactly the same design/last as the Pembroke except it's made of smooth calf and has a leather sole?

To my knowledge/eye, yes. Also, it is a flat welt rather than a storm welt, which makes it look a little sleeker in addition to the leather sole.

I'm not sure why they seem to have discontinued it. It's a lovely shoe. I have a love affair with tan short wing bluchers though, so I guess I'm a bit biased. If they made it in brown calf I would absolutely own a pair of them as well.

Last edited:

drpablo

Reaction score

My first post here, Crockett Bradford

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What do you gents think of a Cardiff Derby Style in Tan Burnished Calf?

I am not sure why it's no longer visible on the CJ web page, but does look more refined compared to a scotch grain Pembroke and more versatile for a city wear.

The Cardiff has been discontinued - which is a shame because it was great style - particularly in the tan burnished calf.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Nice patina @Cleav
!

Is this a vintage pair?  I don't recognize the last from their current lineup

Well mate, it of course depends on what you call vintage :)

I think these, iirc, may be around 11/12 (may be more) years old. Sparingly worn in a large rotation. Delightful last in terms of fit and I suppose not everyone's aesthetic. I bought them, from Colmore Row in Birmingham, because the main man in there, whose name slips my mind for now, was wearing a pair which were very eye catching. They are a supremely comfortable Hand Grade model that don't get the wear like others, simply because it's a derby, the last etc nonetheless striking indeed!

Thanks for asking :)

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Opinions please. I have a pair of brand new brown harlechs. There are three issues that are concerning me and I'm hoping to get some opinions as to the level of severity these issues are.

1). There are "ripples" in the shell on the cap toe. These are not creases from wear, as they have never been worn. You can actually feel the ripples if you run your finger across the cap toes.

2). The main vamp area is a noticeably different shade of brown from one boot to the other.

3) The back of the left boot's heel rests significantly off the floor. When stepping in the boot it does not feel natural because of this.

Here are pictures.

All opinions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member