• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

EnglishShoes

Reaction score
These will be my first ever suede boots/shoes. I'm slightly worried about getting them wet or dirty.

Do I need any spray protection on them, or are they pretty robust?

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These will be my first ever suede boots/shoes. I'm slightly worried about getting them wet or dirty.

0.jpg

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

These will be my first ever suede boots/shoes.  I'm slightly worried about getting them wet or dirty.  

Don't worry ES, use and abuse. Give them a quick spray of something and give them a brush every now and again with a suede brush

Here's a good place to look @Afinepairofshoes and they're SF affiliates http://www.styleforum.net/t/233902/a-fine-pair-of-shoes-official-affiliate-thread and good people too

insy

Reaction score

These will be my first ever suede boots/shoes.  I'm slightly worried about getting them wet or dirty.  

I have the same Boots from Carmina and am thinking of selling them.

The reason is that they are pretty much useless because of its color. I mean there is just no way you can wear them if there is a chance its gonna rain at least a little bit. That means they are good on sunny days only but then again they are Boots and you dont really want to wear them during the summer, right?

So I guess they are good for a few days in the Fall and Spring.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Well, I guess mypost above needs an edit
1f627.png
1f62e.png
1f44d.png

Well, if I had to rely on suede alone this is a year round rotation I could roll out. Btw, unlined suede chukkas for the summer win, amongst others...

insy

Reaction score
Im loving Suede I just said I am having bright colored boots during the summer, in my opinion boots belong to the Fall/Spring/Winter. However, its raining so often in Germany during that time and my Labrador likes dirty places too much
1f600.png
. Therefore I think Chukkas in dark colors are more useable

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

is it just the lighting, or does that spray change the suede from a nice vibrant colour to a sticky patchy mess?

Erm, no. Light spray from about 18-20 inches away, leave to dry. Good to go :nodding:

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thanks @Cleav
.  As a poster with a enviable collection of fine suede footwear, which brand spray do you tend to use?  The one featured in the video?

not seen the video, sorry

I've got/had all sorts. Used Saphir and high street stuff, all do the job :)

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

not seen the video, sorry

I've got/had all sorts. Used Saphir and high street stuff, all do the job :)

Nano ruined my suede loafers, not a fan. I would use Saphir products for now on... pisses me off. Screw Nano! Left dark marks..

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Nano ruined my suede loafers, not a fan. I would use Saphir products for now on... pisses me off. Screw Nano! Left dark marks..

Saphir is good, true. Works for me :)

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clev, thanks... I want to clean the Nano stuff off, have you used a Suede Shampoo before? Any ideas .. Thanks brother..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 105 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads