• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Brenner

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I like the C&J unlined chukka, but I don´t have experience with unlined shoes, what´s the difference or purpose for this? I guess they look like more casual after some wear, like a bit unstructured .

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They can resole to any sole they carry. It has gone up to 300? I definitely remembered lower when I went to the NYC store last time

Faster

Reaction score
We've been debating this in the last several posts. There has been no conclusion. If I were ordering from Barney's online today, I think I would order my US, UK and the half size in between.
I can confirm that in my experience, a Barneys Finsbury (last 341) is not the same size as stamped size in a shoe straight from C&J

Last edited:

Faster

Reaction score
Hi all - this is my first post in the C&J thread. I'm looking to get a couple pairs of Chelsea boots to fill a gap in my wardrobe and it seems like C&J is the best out there (under $1K). I'm looking at picking up both the Chelsea 3 and 5 (one leather one dainite sole). So I'm looking at the 238 last and the 335.

Typically I wear a 10.5 in UK sizing, but I've only ever tried on Trickers.

I'm a 10.5 in Alden Barrie and all Viberg, 11.5 in Alan Edmonds, and a 12 in US sneakers like Nike. Would 10.5 be right for me in the 238 and 335? I have a long narrow foot. I know I want these Chelsea's to be snug since without laces I hate having a shoe slide around my foot.

Cheers and thanks!
I'm 10.5 UK in EG 202, 606 and 888; and 11 in C&J Coniston suede chukka

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any idea what C&J would charge to resole my Coniston boots with a rubber danite sole?

I do not know if they will resole to a sole of your choice. Factory resole/refurb is roughly 300 USD after shipping costs. 

They can resole to any sole they carry. It has gone up to 300? I definitely remembered lower when I went to the NYC store last time

In April I had C&J NYC change my dark brown cordovan Harlech's from double leather to Ridgeway soles. Cost was $210 total, which included mailing both ways. It took about 6 weeks and was very easy. If I remember correctly there was no tax, and because the boots are going back to the UK for repairs there are no import/export duties and fees.

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents,

I've started a GMTO of this great boot, an old RL style:

For details, please head over to the GMTO thread. If we're quick, we can have this order placed before the price increase in August!

Cheers,
SKM

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Another price increase? Any estimates on how great the price increase will be?

Not in exact numbers, but apparently too substantial for them to provide any idea about the price if the order was placed after August. Yet another reason to have it placed now - we're already halfway there :D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads