• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm wearing mine today with a suit. But it is a slow, quiet day at the office. :)

These are casual shoes. But that's one of the reasons why I like them so much. I keep a relatively small rotation of shoes, normally 6 - 7 pairs, but most are formal (longwings, shortwings, PTBs). I appreciate having something that I will most often wear with jeans or khakis.

Slightly off topic... But has anyone seen the next BBBF offerings of shoes? I wonder if they will be doing any more with C&J?

AHS

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My friend just got me a pair of Prescots from RL but he got the wrong size...

I love how versatile the brown cordovan is... almost like cigar. in my sig if anyone is keen.

85d58644_FullSizeRender.jpeg

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm wearing mine today with a suit. But it is a slow, quiet day at the office.
smile.gif

These are casual shoes. But that's one of the reasons why I like them so much. I keep a relatively small rotation of shoes, normally 6 - 7 pairs, but most are formal (longwings, shortwings, PTBs). I appreciate having something that I will most often wear with jeans or khakis.

Slightly off topic... But has anyone seen the next BBBF offerings of shoes? I wonder if they will be doing any more with C&J?

AHS

They look great with that ensemble. I essentially had the same thing in mind when I pulled the trigger. Enjoy them in great health my friend! I think I will give them a try also. Thanks for the enabling!
biggrin.gif

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They look great with that ensemble.  I essentially had the same thing in mind when I pulled the trigger.  Enjoy them in great health my friend!  I think I will give them a try also.  Thanks for the enabling!  :D

Thanks. Enabling is what styleforum is all about!

Happy holidays to you!

Beach Bum

Reaction score
Quick question, what's the best way to reach CJ to have an inquiry or two answered?

Fill out the contact us form on website?

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Need help!

I have a couple of shoes in the 348 last, which fit me great as I have a low instep.

Can anybody comment on the instep of the 337 last?

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I got a pair of suede captoes (unnecessary, like every shoe purchase the last two years... ) and the suede feels lighter and softer than suede used by alden and trickers . How does C&J suede perform in the long run?

Interesting question so I got my old dartmouth out to compare with newer purchases such as monkton(s), hallam, chukka 3 etc

No discernible difference, pleased to say. All get worn in all sorts of weather and all get looked after royally. Dartmouths are more than 10 years old IIRC

The suede is fabulous, so look after em and they'll look after you. Wear in good health!

BTW Happy New Year everyone :cheers:

sleepyinsanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting question so I got my old dartmouth out to compare with newer purchases such as monkton(s), hallam, chukka 3 etc

No discernible difference, pleased to say. All get worn in all sorts of weather and all get looked after royally. Dartmouths are more than 10 years old IIRC

The suede is fabulous, so look after em and they'll look after you. Wear in good health!

BTW Happy New Year everyone
cheers.gif

Thanks!

And happy new year
cheers.gif

Gilmour

Reaction score
Do you guys use normal shoe trees for your boots or is there something different used for boots

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mistakenly posted this in the C&J MTO thread. Anyway, here goes:

For those who might not be aware, C&J's new shoe trees are now in stock. Here's a comparison to the old ones:

I quite like them. But it's surprising how similar they are to EG's. Definitely same producer, though not same price :confused:

(EG left)

Last edited:

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For those who might not be aware, C&J's new shoe trees are now in stock.

I got a couple from Sky Valet a month or so ago. I quite like 'em too! Unlacquered and the hole they drilled out cuts down on the weight a bit, which is useful for traveling.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ermaohnson