• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

dandie

Reaction score
I'm not sure which is more exciting - the new website or there only being eleven sleeps until the sale starts.

New website is up!
biggrin.gif
Including Seymour II hand-grade double monks!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

curzon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After many weeks of fruitless searches I just ordered the C&J Islay from Christopher Forbes Shoes, http://www.christopherforbesshoes.com - I have no stake in the business.

They were exceedingly responsive to help identify and locate my size and were very flexible on my peculiar shipment requirements. They stock several British brands, and are quite well set up with C&J having several popular models in a wide array of sought-for sizes. Twenty per cent VAT is automatically deducted at checkout for non EU/UK customers, they'll ship to the US and elsewhere, and the postage is fairly priced. For those outside the UK I think you'll find the prices very competitive.

My SA is Alastair, and I can't say enough positive things.

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not sure which is more exciting - the new website or there only being eleven sleeps until the sale starts.

Is this a general C&J sale? All shoes? What kind of savings? How do I order? I've been meaning to pick up a pair of black Ardens for the longest time, and the upcoming sale might just be the time to do so...

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is this a general C&J sale? All shoes? What kind of savings? How do I order? I've been meaning to pick up a pair of black Ardens for the longest time, and the upcoming sale might just be the time to do so...

+1 to these questions. New website is very nice.

dandie

Reaction score
Firstly, it is only in-store in the UK as far as I know.

Secondly, the sale is mostly seconds, end-of-line and samples (in UK 7.5).

Having said that, in my experience there is rarely any visible defect in the seconds (those with more noticeable defects seem to be sold at the factory shop). I bought two pairs of Tetbury (seconds), and one pair of Villiers and Hayle (EOL) last year. I have a hit-list of another 15 or so over the next year - hopefully will pick up four or five pairs.

kungapa

Reaction score

Firstly, it is only in-store in the UK as far as I know.

Secondly, the sale is mostly seconds, end-of-line and samples (in UK 7.5).

Having said that, in my experience there is rarely any visible defect in the seconds (those with more noticeable defects seem to be sold at the factory shop). I bought two pairs of Tetbury (seconds), and one pair of Villiers and Hayle (EOL) last year. I have a hit-list of another 15 or so over the next year - hopefully will pick up four or five pairs.

Only UK in store, or also in the NYC store? Also - what do the prices tend to be?

dandie

Reaction score
a) no idea about NYC, and
b) from memory in the region of 25%, I'll post once I've been into the stores, and pop up a photo or two if I can

Only UK in store, or also in the NYC store? Also - what do the prices tend to be?

Frank the sheep

Reaction score
Today i was doing some Christmas shopping and stopped by the biggest CJ store in Sweden to buy some Saphire products and to take a look at the shoes :) Since they sell lots of shoes they have maybe 5-8 MTO models that you don´t find anywere else. I´m a big fan of suede and saw that they had 3 new MTO suede shoes in the store:

- Dark blue Lowndes.
- Black Monkton.
- Black Chelsea 8 with single dainite sole.

I didn´t take any pics b/c i was in a hurry but what about those blue suede shoes? :D Could you see your self wearing them?

dandie

Reaction score
did you see the blue or green suede tassel loafers they have on the website - would love a pair of those.

Today i was doing some Christmas shopping and stopped by the biggest CJ store in Sweden to buy some Saphire products and to take a look at the shoes :) Since they sell lots of shoes they have maybe 5-8 MTO models that you don´t find anywere else. I´m a big fan of suede and saw that they had 3 new MTO suede shoes in the store:
- Dark blue Lowndes.
- Black Monkton.
- Black Chelsea 8 with single dainite sole.
I didn´t take any pics b/c i was in a hurry but what about those blue suede shoes?
biggrin.gif
Could you see your self wearing them?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads