• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

jmills

Reaction score
I went to the C&J site the other day and noticed that there is a Spring/Summer '13 collection featuring some new models. There are some new hand-grades and a new last, the 363. Any SF members copped yet and care to give an opinion?

Hermitedge

Reaction score
I'm in love with the boots, and was able to get the absolute last pair in my size till who knows when... but as you can see, the underneath part of the shell is exposed, probably from where they cut the welting. I think I'm cool w/ keeping them and just polishing the part to darken it, but wanted to see if something like this would be ok in the long run. Thanks.

philweezer

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and to C&J shoes. I was looking for help with sizing because I have a hard foot to measure. I wear a size 8.5 US in a regular shoe but a 7.5 US in a dress shoe. Currently I am wearing Ferragamo in a standard D width although the sides are protruding out. On soft leather it's fine but not the stiff ones, they kill my feet. So I'm interested in getting a chukka style C&J and I realized there are different lasts involved. I'm not sure if they will make a difference because of my wide feet. Put it this way, I had to get a custom hockey skate made because of wide feet. I'm not looking to get a bespoke shoe (cost) but I want to see if I am able to fit in a standard size that C&J has to offer. I tried to talk to the NY store and each time they brushed me off and referred me to the website so I wanted to see if the experts here can help me out.

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and to C&J shoes. I was looking for help with sizing because I have a hard foot to measure. I wear a size 8.5 US in a regular shoe but a 7.5 US in a dress shoe. Currently I am wearing Ferragamo in a standard D width although the sides are protruding out. On soft leather it's fine but not the stiff ones, they kill my feet. So I'm interested in getting a chukka style C&J and I realized there are different lasts involved. I'm not sure if they will make a difference because of my wide feet. Put it this way, I had to get a custom hockey skate made because of wide feet. I'm not looking to get a bespoke shoe (cost) but I want to see if I am able to fit in a standard size that C&J has to offer. I tried to talk to the NY store and each time they brushed me off and referred me to the website so I wanted to see if the experts here can help me out.

I don't think you should worry to much, after a few wears and polishes it will be gone. BTW a very underrated C&J model and definitely my all time greatest C&J piece. You will LOVE them! :)

philweezer

Reaction score
I don't think you should worry to much, after a few wears and polishes it will be gone. BTW a very underrated C&J model and definitely my all time greatest C&J piece. You will LOVE them! :)
SKM,

Thanks but I don't own a pair, I'm looking to buy one. I need help with sizing.

Torsion

Reaction score

Hello,

Wow - I'm quite surprised that the actual store would brush you off, coming from the UK I thought that service was supposed to be super good over here in NY. I was going to suggest to go in store and try some on - to be honest that's the best and only way to know your sizing as people can have differing opinions on comfort/fit.

I found it overwhelming at first with trying to learn about the different fits and last types especially on the web although this is super helpful tool with getting up to speed on what's available.
FWIW I wear a size UK7 in other UK brands but in C&J (last 348) I wear a UK6.5E - the UK7 in comparison are way too big in the vamp area.
This was what I had derived from initial Styleforum searches but nothing really compares with trying a pair on.

Stand your ground - hit the C&J store and get trying!Don't let them bully or pressure you, go in there and show your interest. Probably best not to mention if you intend buying elsewhere :)
I feel like visiting the store now to see how they react as that doesn't sound like the service I'd expect from them! Incidently I accidently walked passed the shop a few nights ago and saw some really nice models in there that must be US specific but unfortunately it was closed and the wife was with me. No matter what other shoes I have that I'm happy with there's something very appealing about C&J in their finishing/design/finesse!

Another visit there perhaps during opening hours minus the wife? :colgate:

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been to the NYC store several times, and they have always been helpful. Granted, I was looking for a specific shoe each time.

I agree you should go back and try the shoes on. It is mind-boggling that a sales associate would refer you to the website regarding fit when they have actual shoes to try on in the store.

philweezer

Reaction score
Great advice about trying it on but I failed to mention I live out of state. My bad on that one so there is no way I can try it on except flying there. So I have to figure out which is best from feedback.

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I had to call the C& J store in NY for a size recommendation for a pair of Selbournes that I ordered online(Bodileys) and they responded kindly. I am taking a trip to NY next month and plan on stopping by the C&J store to try the shoes on regardless. The shoes won't get shipped out until July so i can change the size of my order before then if I have to. I wear a 9D US in Ferragamos and both C&J and Bodiley's recommnended me to purchase a size 8.

philweezer

Reaction score
Before this gets out of hand (sorry for being assumingly preemptive), I'm not complaining about the NY store. Rather than focusing on that, I'm just trying to get help.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bhargav1505