• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The 2024 Styleforum and Epaulet Alpaca Project

For the third year in a row, we're thrilled to partner with @Epaulet to bring you an exclusive collection of luxurious sweaters, hats, jackets, and blankets in Peruvian Alpaca.

Details can be found here

The Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

jellyroller

Reaction score
They look great!

Hi everyone,

I'm considering purchasing a pair of unlined suede loafers, specifically the Harvard 2 in snuff. However, I'm unsure about the sizing. I wear a 9D in Alden's Van last. Would an 8E in the Harvard 2 be a good fit for me?

On a related note, I'm also contemplating the Alden LHS in snuff suede as an alternative. I already know my size for these, so there's no risk of sizing issues when ordering online (I'm based in the Philippines, and returns are difficult). However, the higher price without any significant qualitative advantages gives me pause.

I wear 8E US in Alden Van and 7.5E UK in Harvard.

Mister McGee

Reaction score
I wear 8E US in Alden Van and 7.5E UK in Harvard.

Hi everyone,

I'm considering purchasing a pair of unlined suede loafers, specifically the Harvard 2 in snuff. However, I'm unsure about the sizing. I wear a 9D in Alden's Van last. Would an 8E in the Harvard 2 be a good fit for me?

On a related note, I'm also contemplating the Alden LHS in snuff suede as an alternative. I already know my size for these, so there's no risk of sizing issues when ordering online (I'm based in the Philippines, and returns are difficult). However, the higher price without any significant qualitative advantages gives me pause.
I recently purchased the Harvard 2 in snuff in a UK 9. I measure a US 10 on the brannock and also tried on various sizes of the Alden LHS with the 9.5 working best for me. My foot is average width between C but closer to D (US width). In comparing the C&J and Alden snuff loafers side by side, I found it an easy choice to select the Harvard 2. Good luck!

ha er

Reaction score
Chelseas 11 are in last 335, do you have experience with sizing in this last as well? Yes, order both is it option, that was also my plan, but I just find out that CJ are not shipping into my country, so I will have to handle it with some kind of forwarding service and I would like to avoid returning because of that.
hello @FashionNewbie92,
last 335 is like 325, only wider.
dosnˋt work for me, much to wide.

ha er

Reaction score
My foot measures 272mm and I comfortably wear a 9UK in the Harvard 2. I was able to try other sizes in the store to be certain I purchased the correct size.
I think, crockett & jones did a shift in their sizing scedule about a year ago.
in older print catalogues they called an uk 10,5 an eu size 45.1.
today 45 is the uk 11.

Last edited:

ha er

Reaction score
0D5A820E-9580-4714-A9F0-12F94C38AB63.jpeg

T1mb0

Reaction score
Thank you, I will bet on Slate and I hope it will be great :) May I know also what brand of jeans you wear on photos? It is sick color.
Thanks ☺️
They’re just Levi 511 in the below colour, they seem to go well with lots of shades of brown boots https://jeanstore.co.uk/products/levis®-511-slim-fit-mens-jeans-chicken-of-the-woods-adv

And have some pairs from here: https://spoke-london.com/products/broken-in-original-denim

Good luck with the purchase, sure you won’t be disappointed 😎

benjak

Reaction score
I'm assuming you believe that the C&J has the higher price without qualitative advantages. That's completely wrong. C&J is going to have significantly better construction, materials and QC than Alden.
Sorry for any confusion. I meant that the Aldens were priced higher without any noticeable increase in quality or quality control.

By sheer luck, I found a pair of suede Bostons in 8.5E on the local marketplace at a great price, so I snapped them up instead. They fit me well, with just a tiny bit of heel slip when wearing no-show socks, which I expect will disappear once they're broken in. An 8E would have been too tight in the forefoot.

I'm very chuffed with them—my first pair of C&Js—and am now considering a pair of Conistons now that I know my size.

Bostons.jpg

Last edited:

Mister McGee

Reaction score
Sorry for any confusion. I meant that the Aldens were priced higher without any noticeable increase in quality or quality control.

By sheer luck, I found a pair of suede Bostons in 8.5E on the local marketplace at a great price, so I snapped them up instead. They fit me well, with just a tiny bit of heel slip when wearing no-show socks, which I expect will disappear once they're broken in. An 8E would have been too tight in the forefoot.

I'm very chuffed with them—my first pair of C&Js—and am now considering a pair of Conistons now that I know my size.

View attachment 2209939
Beautiful, as the other gnetleman mentioned, the quality of the C&J loafer is s

Mister McGee

Reaction score
Question, anyone familiar with Bodiley’s (UK retailer)? I am planning to purchase pair of Crockett & Jones Chelsea 5 boots in wax brown leather and Bodiley’s is selling them for $150 less than the C&J website since VAT is not charged for a US order.

Has anyone purchased from Bodiley’s? Seems like it makes sense to purchase from a UK retailer to avoid VAT. I know C&J charges the same price whether or not you are in the UK.

Mister McGee

Reaction score
Question, anyone familiar with Bodiley’s (UK retailer)? I am planning to purchase pair of Crockett & Jones Chelsea 5 boots in wax brown leather and Bodiley’s is selling them for $150 less than the C&J website since VAT is not charged for a US order.

Has anyone purchased from Bodiley’s? Seems like it makes sense to purchase from a UK retailer to avoid VAT. I know C&J charges the same price whether or not you are in the UK.

Attachments

• IMG_4955.jpeg
    IMG_4955.jpeg
    63.2 KB · Views: 73

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AUGUSTOHERMINIA