• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rough-out suede seems to be a big trend recently, not a fan, although I can see its practicality. It certainly suits a more casual style better than a classical one.

Fenners81

Reaction score
Rough-out suede seems to be a big trend recently, not a fan, although I can see its practicality. It certainly suits a more casual style better than a classical one.
I think you nailed it, it works great with casual outfits which describes 95% of what i wear. I have the same indifference towards dress boots - I appreciate their beauty but just not my bag at all.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I decided life's too short to not buy more boots that I don't need.
This is very unhelpful. I have been waffling about and resisting clicking the button to complete the purchase on a pair of black rough out Coniston boots for several days.
The pressure is increasing.
I should do it.
Wait.
Well.
Might as well.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BurgundyOxfords

Reaction score
This is very unhelpful. I have been waffling about and resisting clicking the button to complete the purchase on a pair of black rough out Coniston boots for several days.
The pressure is increasing.
I should do it.
Wait.
Well.
Might as well.
Well You still have a few days till March 25th… 😆 or you may consider some enabling regarding a certain tan scotchgrain Islay GMTO 🥳

Attachments

• IMG_7003.png
    IMG_7003.png
    494.2 KB · Views: 151

YellowHandUp

Reaction score
I've worn coniston rough out suede for daily dog walking for 3 years now. Very practical. Hose pipe the mud off, or brush the dust off, add a touch of dubbin and they look new. Super comfortable as well!

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're all terrible people and should be ashamed of yourselves...

Dewaffled and placed the order.

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
But there's always a lag. Also, inflation is uneven - the price of high-quality leather has been going up quite a bit recently.

Big luxury brand names buying out and acquiring quality tanneries the world over. Surely they drive up the price of leather (and its supply/demand) as a result of having more control and ownership of the supply chain. Not good I suppose for independent shoe manufacturing companies who must source their leather from these luxury brand owned tanneries

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads