• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

khe86

Reaction score
You can check which last your style is on on the C&J website.
http://www.crockettandjones.com/Collections/UK/Mens
I have no idea what the numbers inside the shoes stand for, but as of the three numbers you mentioned the only one that I am familiar with is 363, I expect it to be the last your shoes are on.

It's a pair of Peal & Co nubucks I picked up from BB's recent 70% off sale. It's definitely C&J from the heel pattern but I don't see the shoes on C&J's website so I turned to you guys.

Any thoughts on trees for the 363 last? The trees I have are all from BB and Woodlore, which are made by AE and are bulky. Would these trees damage the shoes by stretching it too much? Are there cheaper alternatives to the standard C&J trees (I'm seeing $100) that are slim and fit well into the 363 last?

Last edited:

tacobender

Reaction score
Mark downs are almost here.
The following are going 35% off...

http://www.barneys.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-BNY-Site/default/Search-Show?q=501839085

http://www.barneys.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-BNY-Site/default/Search-Show?q=501477525

I can tell you the captoe is a lowndes, and the chukka is on the 200 last...

as usual, the style forum peeps get first selection, the shoes can't go out until next week, but I will gladly reserve them for you.

Will keep you posted on further markdowns / styles.

Thanks, feel free to email me, or call me at work
Ryan
[email protected]

Saratorial_Splender

Reaction score

For CJs shoes, how do you tell which last a specific shoe is in. On  the shoes I have, I see the following set of numbers, 20392, 106, 10D, 1385-13363. Obviously 10D is the shoe size, so is 392, 106, or 363 the last #? And do you guys only use CJ shoe trees? The shoe is quite slim and narrows significantly around the toes. The Woodlore shoetrees (made by AE) I have are quite big for this pair of CJ shoes. 

in this case, 363 is the last #

inimitable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mark downs are almost here.
The following are going 35% off...
http://www.barneys.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-BNY-Site/default/Search-Show?q=501839085
http://www.barneys.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-BNY-Site/default/Search-Show?q=501477525
I can tell you the captoe is a lowndes, and the chukka is on the 200 last...
as usual, the style forum peeps get first selection, the shoes can't go out until next week, but I will gladly reserve them for you.
Will keep you posted on further markdowns / styles.
Thanks, feel free to email me, or call me at work
Ryan
[email protected]

Nice. Any Somervilles left?

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I noticed that there aren't any real-life pictures of the 341 last or the Chelsea 8 on here so I'm posting mine. I think it's a great looking last. If you find that 348 is too long/chiseled, then this is for you.

Last edited:

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
341s:

IaNwR.jpg

Rounder toe than 348, and while still an elongated last, not as long as the 348.

Jakezero

Reaction score
I ended up buying another pair of C&J boots, black scotchgrain for Brooks Brothers Black Fleece. Bought them from our fellow forum member eddievddr10. They're basically the Coniston with a double leather sole and no speed lacers. It's pitch black by 16:00 over here, so I've had no opportunity to take proper photos.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ wore my pair all week. Great boot

I think black is one of those colors that works really well in scotch grain

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.