• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

How does it work for those outside the UK (in EU) I'd imagine we have to add import duties + VAT + handling fees right? Sorry I'm new to this MTO stuff.
I have bought my first MTO a few weeks ago. The ZUG Snowdon you can see on the sheet. I am from EU. You will pay the price without VAT up front. But whe the boots are finished and shipped you will pay VAT and handling fee. Not import duties if the package is market right as items made in the EU and UK don't have to make you pay import duties. That is how I understand it

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lindrick in brown shell...

20211209_102022.jpg

In other news, I added my name to the GMTO Galway list.

Buttsy170

Reaction score

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heya! Trying to decide which last to choose between the 378 on the D&R Roughout suede collared boot and the 228 on the C&J Griezdale. Any particular difference in shape and volume?

stubbsj20

Reaction score
I am looking for some fit advise from the Alden/C&J owners out there... What size would you recommend in the Connaught (236 last)?

Barrie last (Long Wing): 10.5 D US
Trubalance last (Indy): 10.5 D US
Leydon last (Chukka): 11 E US
Van last (LHS): 11 D US

Thank you!

rattyray

Reaction score
Hi gentlemen, does anyone know the difference between the Henley and the Harvard/Boston loafers?

Also, how would you size vs. Alden / allen edmonds if I intend on wearing without socks

Considering the shell versions

thanks!

Myszy

Reaction score
Anyone knows where in the Zurich area I can get my C&Js resoled? I have a pair of suede Connaughts which desperately need new soles, and I didn't see any official C&J retailers here yet.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows where in the Zurich area I can get my C&Js resoled? I have a pair of suede Connaughts which desperately need new soles, and I didn't see any official C&J retailers here yet.
If you aren't opposed, send them back to the factory. They'll get recrafted and re-lasted and the charge is like EUR135 if I remember correctly

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads