• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question about Brioni Tags

losbolos

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

First of all let me say that this is a great forum and I learned a lot by reading the posts here. After a few weeks lurking I finally decided to post here.

Recently I came across this pure Cashmere Brioni Coat on eBay. http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=400095929549
The coat is in Navy and looks really sharp IMHO.
My only concern is, one of the tags says "Hand Taylored in Italy". Is this just a typo or might be an indication of a counterfeit? Also do you guys think $2k is justified for this NWT coat? (The seller claim an MSRP of $10k).
I notice that the seller is a reputable one with thousands of positive feedback, but this really concerns me.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks

Night Owl

Reaction score
i believe its authentic, ive had good dealings with that seller, msrp is probably accurate, its one hundred percent cashmere brioni overcoat.. thats not cheap

is it worth it? id say so.. great looking coat, overcoats last a very long time, this ones a staple color/style, and 38r is hard to find at outlets

losbolos

Reaction score
You nailed all the points that made me fell in love with this coat at first sight.
Even at ebay I find it hard to find 38R around.

Good to know that someone else here had good experience with that seller.

Thanks for your reply. I feel more confident buying that coat now.

That said, it still doesn't explain the typo on the tags. Perhaps that's why this coat is sold on ebay?

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dunno about the hand Taylored in italy tag, but i think this is a older model, the new tags are white. The tag on the sleeve is one that i have never seen as well with the Roma on top and the Brioni on the bottom, but again it could just be an older model. That seller seems legit though so not much to worry about. Dam you for buying this so fast!

losbolos

Reaction score
That's what I thought too. The label seems to be of the older model red on black instead of the newer white. I really don't mind though since I think this one is a classic styling that will last for a while.
The seller just replied to my question and it seems that these are made for specific regional areas. I guess some countries just spell differently. I think I'm gonna proceed with this purchase.

Thanks for the input guys

pejsek

Reaction score
Thomas Hoving, I think, once said that to someone with a little knowledge a counterfeit just jumps out. You may try to rationalize a different conclusion, but often that first intuition is correct.

That coat just doesn't seem right to me. Brioni long ago dropped that embossed lining. In addition, the Brioni tag is usually sewn on with a fancy X-stitch; such a label would almost certainly be used on such a grand item. And, yes, it would be surprisingly sloppy for Brioni to make a bunch of tags touting their tayloring. There even seems to be something off about the Made In Italy tag. Otoh, most of the sellers' inventory looks legit and Brioni outerwear seems all over the place.

I'm just saying I wouldn't proceed without caution and the sellers' representation that Brioni uses Tayloring tags in certain regions wouldn't make me hit the gas.

losbolos

Reaction score
From what I've seen, Brioni tags seem to vary one to another. You're right about the X-stitch though.
I suspect this coat might be a sample of a pretty old model or something. Then again, what I really care about is the quality of the construction and material.
I'm gonna give it a go with this one and give a verdict once it arrives. The seller seems to be offering a good return policy and values his reputation much.

FStyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude, Frieschkies or how ever the hell you spell theiur name are top notch guys. ALL their brioni is from sample sales ie - not mass production you can buy from NM.

ALL their stuff is legit. I can vouvh having dealt extensively w/them for my personal collection.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads