• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quality of Lanvin Shoes?

asdf17

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a nice pair of brown wingtips to wear both with jeans (casually) and also with suits.

I saw these at Barneys and I definitely like the way they look because the "wingtip" portion isn't too ornate. I remember reading somewhere that when wearing wingtips casually, you want ones without too much ornamentation.

http://www.barneys.com/b/browse/prod...oductId=832296

What do you guys think of the quality of these shoes? Good price? Or are there better deals to be found on other brands.

They also have some great looking cap-toes that I was looking at. Thoughts on these?

Alternatively, these caught my eye. Your thoughts?

Thanks everyone,

A total shoe newbie.

khaki sack

Reaction score
None of the options you present is, suitable. They are all really poor representations of a full brogue.

Why not check out Pediwear and for that price you could get a nice classic brogue from ,Alfred Sargent or Grenson. Something in brown suede would look good.

khaki sack

Reaction score
Originally Posted by asdf17
Khaki,

Would you mind recommending me a pair? For use with jeans?

Thanks.

I'm a big fan ,of Alfred Sargent shoes. AS Dartmouth and Chatham (half brogue) are nice shoes. The Grenson Headingley model in cognac is good too.

Shipton & Heneage offer some nice full-brogue options ,in both calf and suede models.

For casual wear with jeans, I prefer brown suede brogues. But that's just me. A suede in a light brown, tobacco, or 'snuff' color looks wonderful with jeans. I have a pair of Crockett & Jones Westfields that I use for this purpose, but they are semi brogues and maybe out of your price range (?). For good C&J prices, check out Plal.com.

tommib

Reaction score
I was looking at Gucci shoes the other week, they're really bad quality, not worth half the price. The Lanvin ones I've seen in Harrods and Selfridges etc. seem like quite good quality.

Tom.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 45 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads