• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: RL Cordovan Gifford Chukkas now $399

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
8.5's did not work for me. I have a pair of Giffords and Garrands coming to me in a 9. If neither words they'll be returned and I'll post here where I returned them. Ezra was a nice and quite stylish guy.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just got my pair thru the Charlotte NC store in an 11. With shipping it was 314$ as someone mentioned above.

Not a bad deal for a $1000 shoe.

A store in Palo Alto had an 11 if anyone is interested.

My local stores didnt have my size. The Chevy Chase, MD store had an 8.5 and 10 in stock in case anyone wants them.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by idfnl
I just got my pair thru the Charlotte NC store in an 11. With shipping it was 314$ as someone mentioned above.

Not a bad deal for a $1000 shoe.

A store in Palo Alto had an 11 if anyone is interested.

My local stores didnt have my size. The Chevy Chase, MD store had an 8.5 and 10 in stock in case anyone wants them.

Which one did you get,Gifford or Garran?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
Which one did you get,Gifford or Garran?

Gifford

I have a pair very similar to the garran

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by idfnl
Gifford

I have a pair very similar to the garran

Did you look for Garran in 11? I have the gifford already,need Garrans.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
Did you look for Garran in 11? I have the gifford already,need Garrans.

I didnt

Just call one of the stores and ask for it, they had info on what stores had what

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received both pairs today, I figured at $15 to see how they look/fit it was worth taking a look. The Gifford looks fine when its covered by a pants leg, otherwise its kind of awkward looking due to the low sides of the boot (sides are about 3/4 of an inch lower than those of the Garran). These will be going back to the Chicago store shortly.

The Garran is a different story, this is a really classic boot, very nice, and the SC is a deeper brown than my McCallums/Darltons, so it fills a niche. I think this is going to be one of those deals that SF members will regret foregoing.

adfan

Reaction score
Gents,

I've been trying to find a pair of 13Ds with no luck.
frown.gif

I really want to pull the trigger but its so hard to find my size.

Enjoy your new shoes.

Best regards,

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone wants a pair of the Giffords in 9.5D then pm me. After wearing them 10-12 times I realize I don't need them. I received some shell indys as a christmas gift and they suit me better.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by saint
The Garran is a different story, this is a really classic boot, very nice, and the SC is a deeper brown than my McCallums/Darltons, so it fills a niche. I think this is going to be one of those deals that SF members will regret foregoing.
I agree with you regarding the Garrans, it's a real classy boot in a great color. I like them both, but the Garrans are really special IMO.

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my Giffords today. I'm an 10.5 D/11 C, but 99% of my shoes are 10.5 D and the Gifford
10.5's fit me great. I like it quite a bit. Love the RL/C&J brown shell color.

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm late to the party, but I'll stop by the Michigan Avenue store and see what might be available.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well one mystery is solved. I received my Garran's today and they appear to have been shipped from the Rodeo Drive store down south which explains the exorbitant tax. Damn you California and your 9.75%.

The shoes are beautiful though. If the Giffords were a plain toe chukka, there'd be no reason to have both, and there still might not be, but I may convince myself yet that I need both shoes in the rotation.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads