• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

terra firma

Reaction score
If I had the cash I would buy all those new fabrics that just got released. The oxford flannels and the faded black watch are seriously unreal.

Edit: But I did just have these arrive! should have probably went with the brown horn buttons on the darker one though.

Any thoughts on these two fabrics? They're pretty steep in price, but god some of those flannels are so pretty.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on these two fabrics? They're pretty steep in price, but god some of those flannels are so pretty.

Very soft and mid weight, pretty sold for the $95 price tag. Both seem to be the same in terms of feel and weight. Could not imagine how those new $150 flannels feel though, must be unreal.

ccallis

Reaction score

Sweet, thanks!

Oh I forgot to ask, is this fabric really permanently discontinued? http://propercloth.com/fabrics/blue-denim-1160.html . Wish I got another shirt in this fabric!

Yes, I think we're planning to phase this one out. We'll have some similar stuff later in the winter that'll be much much better. For now the Washed Japanese Denim is the play--we like it a lot more than previous denims, though it is a more washed look.

Chris

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey @ccallis , random question for you.

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a fresh round of dress shirts for work, but before I do I thought I'd ask if you have any new collar styles on the horizon. I normally go for the president spread and it has worked well, but I would love something just a bit bigger (around, say, 3.25" collar points) but without the extreme cutaway of some of your larger collars. I would love to see something around 3.25" points, 5.5-6" spread. I think that would be ideal.

ccallis

Reaction score

Hey @ccallis
 , random question for you.

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a fresh round of dress shirts for work, but before I do I thought I'd ask if you have any new collar styles on the horizon. I normally go for the president spread and it has worked well, but I would love something just a bit bigger (around, say, 3.25" collar points) but without the extreme cutaway of some of your larger collars. I would love to see something around 3.25" points, 5.5-6" spread. I think that would be ideal. 

Great time to ask this question!! We'll be launching our Roma Spread Collar this week, actually. It'll have 3.5" collar points, 1.5" front collar band height, and a 5 5/8" collar spread. Happy to posts some images this week if that'll help.

Chris

Last edited:

ccallis

Reaction score

Nice, I figured you guys had something in the pipes! Would love to see some pics when you have a chance.

Hey--Check the images below. We'll have plenty more by the end of the week when we launch, but for now i just tossed a shirt with the collar on a form. Let me know if this does the trick...

With this one, we really wanted to design a collar with great expression and also have points that stay under the lapels of your jacket well. It's a compliment to our popular Roma Cutaway collar, but it's definitely an easier wear for guys who aren't looking to go for a cutaway. It has a bit more tie space (1/2") than our other models (usually 3/8"), too.

Tie is 3.25" wide for reference.

Chris

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Very cool! I'll probably give that a try on my next order. Might be a bit too big for my small frame but it looks worth a shot!

Out of curiosity, is that collar fused or unfused?

Last edited:

ccallis

Reaction score

Very cool! I'll probably give that a try on my next order. Might be a bit too big for my small frame but it looks worth a shot! 

Out of curiosity, is that collar fused or unfused?

Same mid-to-light weight fusing that we do on most of our dress collars. No plans to do an unfused version in the near future.

Last edited:

Wertman

Reaction score
@ccallis The vintage club collar apparently has a back button, which is not described in the collar description. How come it is not possible to have it made without it? I mean, the whole shirt is made for me, I can't see why it would not be possible to simply not put on the back button.

Regards

ccallis

Reaction score

@ccallis
 The vintage club collar apparently has a back button, which is not described in the collar description. How come it is not possible to have it made without it? I mean, the whole shirt is made for me, I can't see why it would not be possible to simply not put on the back button.

Regards 

Understand your frustration on this. We're not able to alter any of our collars from order to order, unfortunately. So we couldn't remove the back button on that collar.

Chris

ndak

Reaction score
Does anyone have an photos of the flannels with double flap pockets they could post? Thanks!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads