• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This looks great. Based on your previous question in this thread it looks like you received the shirt in less than three weeks, correct? Also, is this the $85 heavy oxford? I'm looking into ordering the light/faded yellow.
Thanks. Ordered on 12/10. Arrived 12/23. Amazing turnaround time. This is the $85 oxford. My old BB heavy oxfords have seen better days and don’t have as nice of a collar roll. I may replace them all.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One thing that has always frustrated me is the refund process for an item purchased with a bit of store credit and real money. The store credit always seems to disappear during a refund and I have to send many emails to get the store credit back. Oy.

feb112020

Reaction score
Hi friends. I just picked up this Raglan coat from Proper Cloth. It's my usual size 44R and fits great other than the sleeves, which I find a bit short. I have longer arms so this is often an issue. They don't make the coat in L (such as 44L) sizes, so I'm stuck with either extending the sleeves or going up a size. The next size up, 46R, only has sleeves that are .25" longer, which isn't that much either. My worry about extending the sleeves is that they still won't be long enough, and the strap/buttons will be comically high. What do you all think? Thanks.
8cS8LsF.jpg

JB5pmWc.jpg

W7b12Gk.jpg

Axzr6ak.jpg

uxgzhf2.jpg

JREYq47.jpg

cuusa7H.jpg

RXv07Xb.jpg

tilesomoole

Reaction score
I think you should cut your losses and sell it to me at a drastic discount as I'm the same size...........

Seriously, I would take it to a tailor and see what can be done about the sleeves. They may or may not be able to be extended as much as you'd like.

DMcG

Reaction score
Hi friends. I just picked up this Raglan coat from Proper Cloth. It's my usual size 44R and fits great other than the sleeves, which I find a bit short. I have longer arms so this is often an issue. They don't make the coat in L (such as 44L) sizes, so I'm stuck with either extending the sleeves or going up a size. The next size up, 46R, only has sleeves that are .25" longer, which isn't that much either. My worry about extending the sleeves is that they still won't be long enough, and the strap/buttons will be comically high. What do you all think? Thanks.

As a fellow long armed person my guess is that you're going to be disappointed with trying to get the sleeves to work with either that one or one that's sized up. Which is a shame because otherwise it looks good.

Mike798

Reaction score
Wow, the same here. The irony is that they used to allow you to be precise down to 0.25inches and then they changed it to 0.1inches. I'm like wow, what technology can do for you these days. But in reality off by about an inch? That's right. I can always get a better fit by trying on a couple of shirts at the dept store. Literally.

But the good news is that they are willing to remake it for you (even though it's still a lot of iniconvenience trying to figure out what went wrong, take pics, email back and forth with them, the extra wait to get the new shirt and who knows how that one will turn out etc.). But at least in the customer service dept they remain excellent. As to the issue, I assumed it was just a temporary glitch that they will be able to figure out quickly at the factory and won't happen again. And I hope that's the case. PC is a very good company overall.
Have either of your situations been resolved? I am having the same issues with my recent first experience with them, even after remakes. Also, I have tried to reach out on the website contact page (which won't submit the message: gets hung up on "Sending...") as well as their customer service email alias. With the email, I have received bounce backs for several days that their email inbox is "undergoing maintenance." Very off-putting and will likely take my business elsewhere.

cuponoodles

Reaction score
Have either of your situations been resolved? I am having the same issues with my recent first experience with them, even after remakes. Also, I have tried to reach out on the website contact page (which won't submit the message: gets hung up on "Sending...") as well as their customer service email alias. With the email, I have received bounce backs for several days that their email inbox is "undergoing maintenance." Very off-putting and will likely take my business elsewhere.

Sounds like you may be having some tech issues? I've never had an issue with bounceback -- perhaps try from a different email?

What's up with your fit issues? I agree getting it right and going through the remake process can be tedious, but they should be able to nail it after a try or two.

Mike798

Reaction score
Sounds like you may be having some tech issues? I've never had an issue with bounceback -- perhaps try from a different email?

What's up with your fit issues? I agree getting it right and going through the remake process can be tedious, but they should be able to nail it after a try or two.
Pulling at the 2nd button, collar not sitting correctly. I have what I’ve found to be a difficult to dress frame (5'8", athletic build, and poor posture). May give it one more try and further adjust the shoulder slope and posture settings. Thank you.

paulraphael

Reaction score
Pulling at the 2nd button, collar not sitting correctly. I have what I’ve found to be a difficult to dress frame (5'8", athletic build, and poor posture). May give it one more try and further adjust the shoulder slope and posture settings. Thank you.

In my experience, shoulder slope and posture settings are the trickiest ones to get right. It might be helpful to send PC pics of you (taken by someone else so you're not holding yourself funny to get a selfie). Get them from front, back, and side. Post here if you'd like to get some extra opinions.

cuponoodles

Reaction score

Yep, sounds like you need to experiment with the chest, shoulder slope, and neck forward/back measurements until they find what works for you -- feel free to drop some pictures if you're up for it. I'm wondering if you'd even benefit from playing around with the type of collar you're using or the button placement too.

I have both a bulky upper half and prefer a very slim fit, which can tricky to perfect, but after fiddling around with it found out what works for me, so don't give up just yet.

Mike798

Reaction score
Yep, sounds like you need to experiment with the chest, shoulder slope, and neck forward/back measurements until they find what works for you -- feel free to drop some pictures if you're up for it. I'm wondering if you'd even benefit from playing around with the type of collar you're using or the button placement too.

I have both a bulky upper half and prefer a very slim fit, which can tricky to perfect, but after fiddling around with it found out what works for me, so don't give up just yet.
Thank you. Here are some pictures if you have some time to opine on changes. The collar is the President Spread. PC already suggested lengthening the yoke (~.5”), using the “neck back .5”” adjustment (though I see on their website they suggest going with 1” on this adjustment if the bump is noticeable, so I may use the 1” adjustment), and shoulder slope adjusted to “normal” from “sloping.” The second button is already raised .5” but I think it needs to be raised another .5” to remedy the bump when fully buttoned. There is too much fabric in the midsection, but the make was off on this shirt (I specified 18.5” but it measures 19.25”).

Attachments

• 8F23692C-6D2F-4382-9B03-F2EA53C6F37E.jpeg
    8F23692C-6D2F-4382-9B03-F2EA53C6F37E.jpeg
    156.4 KB · Views: 116
  • 19E9BAD0-740B-4C3A-9BE3-1894E62CB3E7.jpeg
    19E9BAD0-740B-4C3A-9BE3-1894E62CB3E7.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 112
  • 7BA6E893-6789-4072-8736-5D4061D11201.jpeg
    7BA6E893-6789-4072-8736-5D4061D11201.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 115
  • E0A4A3ED-715F-40AB-B7A1-41AAEF46AC51.jpeg
    E0A4A3ED-715F-40AB-B7A1-41AAEF46AC51.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 7E0BAE61-B39B-40DE-B6CB-026D1B894FA6.jpeg
    7E0BAE61-B39B-40DE-B6CB-026D1B894FA6.jpeg
    126.6 KB · Views: 148
  • E968D7E1-09A6-4899-B589-F5D2401D1EFB.jpeg
    E968D7E1-09A6-4899-B589-F5D2401D1EFB.jpeg
    131.9 KB · Views: 205

OzWino

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads