• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prometheus (Ridley Scott's Alien "Prequel" )

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I will say it again. Good, but not great movie that is being judged more harshly it it normally would based on its heritage.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score

If they were actually getting stoned in that scene it makes the script about 10 times worse. What an infantile piece of script writing

The idea may have been to start the scene with zero suspense. The alieworm could have been harmless, and indeed looked harmless to the Fifield and Milburn. As the alieworm looks increasingly menacing, suspense builds.

The alieworm wraps around Milburn's arm. Still, the situation is not grave. A small serpent-like creature is wrapped around his arm. It shouldn't be that difficult to remove. If worse gets worse, it can be cut off. But, suspense builds.

The alieworm's grasp gets tighter. We now realize something is amiss. Milburn's arm breaking is the sh!t-hitting-fan moment. From there, we get some nice, gruesome visuals.

The problem is that everyone in the audience knew, as soon as they saw the alieworm, that Fifield and Milburn were done for. There was no real suspense. There was just the waiting for the kill.

The scene could probably have played out better had there been a chase of some kind through the ship.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Wasn't the chestburster-out-of-engineer scene after the ship leaving (immediately before the credits)? I think he may have missed that.

Yeah, that's right

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Here is the other thing I didn't understand - aesthically why didn't they make the aliens look like the ones from the other movies - Geiger style. Instead they were pale white and totally unfamilar to any other alien creature in the previous films.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

well, not quite
we see the birth of a much disputed "proto Alien"

What the hell is that?

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it looked...

like a fucked up pokemon. I actually thought it looked cool and actually maintained some of the curves and lines of the original Giger Alien. also it had a variation of the whole "mouth inside of mouth" thing.

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here is the other thing I didn't understand - aesthically why didn't they make the aliens look like the ones from the other movies - Geiger style. Instead they were pale white and totally unfamilar to any other alien creature in the previous films.

ur confusing xenomorphs with engineers.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
God that duck monster at the end of the film was by far the worst part. I refuse to call it a proto-alien or believe it's meant to be that. Related via DNA and created by the same Engineers, but that's it.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What did it look like?

like a blue skinny adult human in size, with a large half moon shaped head, and the double mouth thing. did not appear friendly. i would not feed this animal in a zoo.

i assumed these are predecessors, and they developed over time. but i never saw the original films. :embar:

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score

The final chestburster is definitely a xeno-esque creature (very similar look). Giger was actually involved with this movie (he at least designed/created the murals; he may have designed/created the creatures).

The other creatures are probably not related to xenos, but are instead creations of the black goo interacting with existing DNA. The black goo is pretty powerful stuff and may be relatively unpredictable depending on what it comes in contact with.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads