• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pregnancy Entrapment - What are your legal rights, if any?

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
This is why we need the man-pill...

There's the morning-after pill for men-- it changes your blood type.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
^^ I agree. I don't think 18% of net is all that unreasonable for helping to support a child. Being divorced shouldn't make parenting cheaper for one of the parents.

I think it sort of depends upon income, no? I think that once you start hitting higher levels of income, you'd have a tough time convincing me that 18% is really needed to support a single child. As always, housing costs depend on geography, but the incremental cost of getting a slightly bigger place, food, etc can't be more than 10k/yr in most "normal" areas (not manhattan).

For the guy who's friend is paying 1500/mo, i really hope the extra money is going back into a college fund and not into his ex-wife's closet, or even worse, her new husband's car payments. =/

Mentos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Yes. You're correct.
It is much cheaper to raise a child if he is kept locked in the basement all the time.

Right on. In other words, the test is not how much money it would take to keep the child alive on cheetos and dumpster scraps. You only get to continue wasting your money on clothes and hoes once your own blood is taken care of. Law's plenty clear and predictable, and anyone who fools around with the oldest equation in the book (esp. with someone untrustworthy) deserves exactly what they get. Even if you accept your responsibility, and she has the child, if you can sleep well without knowing that your child is being taken care of in a sense much deeper than fobbing off 18% net in hush money each month, you are a stunted and pathetic excuse for a man.

I've lately wondered whether SF has anything to left to offer. This thread has crystallized my central concern, which is that "style" without honor or dignity is worthless, and this place has precious little of those qualities in evidence. I know that most are just internet bad boys who would behave differently in the situation (and are in the minority here, anyway), but talk still matters, and I've got nothing to gain from reading this dehumanizing drivel or supporting the forum. So I'm turning in my name tag. Peace.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
You mean, have I heard that he initially made up a ridiculous story about a woman transferring ***** from her mouth to her ****** and getting pregnant, then admitted he'd fucked her?

Yeah.

Did not know this.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mentos
Right on. In other words, the test is not how much money it would take to keep the child alive on cheetos and dumpster scraps. You only get to continue wasting your money on clothes and hoes once your own blood is taken care of. Law's plenty clear and predictable, and anyone who fools around with the oldest equation in the book (esp. with someone untrustworthy) deserves exactly what they get. Even if you accept your responsibility, and she has the child, if you can sleep well without knowing that your child is being taken care of in a sense much deeper than fobbing off 18% net in hush money each month, you are a stunted and pathetic excuse for a man.

I've lately wondered whether SF has anything to left to offer. This thread has crystallized my central concern, which is that "style" without honor or dignity is worthless, and this place has precious little of those qualities in evidence. I know that most are just internet bad boys who would behave differently in the situation (and are in the minority here, anyway), but talk still matters, and I've got nothing to gain from reading this dehumanizing drivel or supporting the forum. So I'm turning in my name tag. Peace.

I would only pay 12% tops. Bitches should keep their legs closed.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sex makes babies, peeps. Keep it real.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mentos

Not all of us are woman h8ers like g33k.

K

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
this thread rules because the person most upset by this (gqgeek) is the least likely to have this ever happen to him

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First off, the dude should get swabbed to make sure he's the father. It's possible she's pointing at him, when it was really someone else. And there is no punishment for women who misidentify the father . . . even if they do it four times or more.

sunror

Reaction score
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I say turn it around on her and offer to have sole custody of the baby.

^Not legal advice.

BP348

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
^^ I agree. I don't think 18% of net is all that unreasonable for helping to support a child. Being divorced shouldn't make parenting cheaper for one of the parents.

I totaly agree that a father should have support his child the thing that burns me up is like GQ said you pay all this money and it just goes into the new car fund or clothing for the ex or whatever it is that the ex wants to buy.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KingCaru