• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pre-Owned Porsche Purchase

Lucky7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bawlin
You clearly haven't been following the 996 and 997 market.

Anyways, if I was in the market for a Porsche, I wouldn't even bother looking at anything but the 911. The Cayman/Boxster is for hair-dressers and douchebags.

I should have been more clear. Within the first 2 years the brunt of the depreciation has already taken place. I wouldn't call the Cayman a douchebag mobile until you have driven one.

Lucky7

Reaction score
I was hoping to get out this week and drive a few, however, with this rainy weather it does not look promising.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirWilliam
When looking for one make sure you get one with a leather dash...this makes a night and day difference for the interior.
IMO, the leather dash is a must on both the 996 and 997. The standard dash looks awful to me. I also like the nicer optional seats, especially for the 996.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meh, you guys can keep your stupid hardtop that costs more than it's topless counterpart.

Hany

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bawlin
The Cayman/Boxster is for hair-dressers and douchebags.
With all due respect only someone who is ignorant wrt Porsches would say such a thing.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hany
With all due respect only someone who is ignorant wrt Porsches would say such a thing.
+1. Both are great cars that provide thrilling rides. I prefer the 911 personally, but the cayman/boxster is a very nice car, too.

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lucky7
...I do, however, like the fact that Porsche does retain its value well. If I went the 911 route, it would not be the turbo.

No longer true for Porsche in general, except certain air-cooled models.

Lucky7

Reaction score
Well guys,

I drove a Carrera 4s and absolutely loved it. The only problem is that my shoulders are a bit too broad for the seats. I'm off to look at the BMW M6 this week. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
I would go with a Cayman over a 911. My brother-in-law works for a Porche dealership in Germany. He believes a Cayman is more reliable than a 911.

cotler_bogart

Reaction score
Porsche GT is THE CAR to get if you can find a used one!!!!! I know it's not a Porsche but the Audi R8 wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heck if you want a 4 door Porsche, the Porsche Panamera comes out in October, now that is a baaaaad 4 door.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cotler_bogart
Porsche GT is THE CAR to get if you can find a used one!!!!! I know it's not a Porsche but the Audi R8 wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heck if you want a 4 door Porsche, the Porsche Panamera comes out in October, now that is a baaaaad 4 door.
I really hope you're not refering to the Carrera GT...because that car is no where in the same price ball park as the cars the OP is seeking.

cotler_bogart

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe
I really hope you're not refering to the Carrera GT...because that car is no where in the same price ball park as the cars the OP is seeking.

I admit I was talking about the Carrera GT. I know, but dang, life is so short, if you can afford one, that's the ONE to get
biggrin.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads