• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prada Driving shoes Fall/Winter 2007

MiamiCane11

Reaction score
This is my first time on Style Forum and figure I would give it a shot. I've been a looking for a certain pair of Prada Driving Shoes and have had no luck, so I thought maybe one of you knew or even had a pair of them.

They came in Black, Brown(Dark and Light Tan), White and other colors. Right now they're available in Blue Suede. They're your typical Prada Driving Shoes but have the Signature Logo on the front flap. Right now, Bluefly has them but only in select sizes and not mine. I need a size 6.5 since Prada runs BIG.

If any of you could help me, then let me know.

http://www.bluefly.com/pages/product...&Nu=Product+ID

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Before anyone else comes here and starts making fun of you, I will warn you that people on this forum do not appreciate shoes like those.

Personally, I'd go for something with much less flagrant branding. In addition, driving mocs are perhaps the least durable type of shoe (due to their rubber sneaker-like soles that wear quickly and really can't be replaced). Taking these two facts into consideration, I'm sure you'll realize that it really doesn't make much sense to drop a lot of money on a shoe that won't last very long for whose brand you are paying a hefty premium.

If you search the "WAYWT" thread at the top of the page, you can find posts by "El Guapo Wongo" about his Banana Republic driving mocs. They cost $98, and look about the same as the Prada (minus the branding). Here is a link: http://www.bananarepublic.com/browse...scid=547908002

If you look through his other posts, you'll find that he often favors Prada for dress shoes and boots, but uses the BR driving mocs. I know I didn't answer your original question, but it honestly does not make much sense to spend so much money on driving mocs when the soles will wear down anyway. In addition, the branding on the example you posted is especially gauche.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He is here to find a pair of shoes so either help him or not...

Try eBay, YOOX and Styledrops. Those drivers are fairly generic/basic so they should come up quite often.

MiamiCane11

Reaction score
Thank you.

Is styledrop like Rafaello-Network because they're way overpriced. I'm not paying $399 for shoes that should be discounted and were at Prada Outlets in NY and CA but they just don't have them anymore.

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh no! you will be a walking advertisment! please show some sort of class and dont buy those shoes!

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emmanuel
oh no! you will be a walking advertisment! please show some sort of class and dont buy those shoes!
I have to agree with this comment.

tommib

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vitaminc
He is here to find a pair of shoes so either help him or not...

Hey chill out, Polar was giving some good advice, trying to save Miami some money.

Miami, you said, "I'm not paying $399 for shoes that should be discounted..."

Why do you only want Prada at discount? Prada make really expensive stuff, if you're in love with them just buy them. If you just want a pair of alright driving shoes, there are many other places you could look.

Also the Bluefly price is $316.00, an $84 discount, not an astronomical saving is it?

Tom.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Here's my advice. I've had Prada, Tod's (the original by the way) and Geox and I find Geox is competitive and better styled on some models than the luxury names.

Save some money and go with Geox. They make a nice pebble grain available at Nordies.

Originally Posted by MiamiCane11
This is my first time on Style Forum and figure I would give it a shot. I've been a looking for a certain pair of Prada Driving Shoes and have had no luck, so I thought maybe one of you knew or even had a pair of them.

They came in Black, Brown(Dark and Light Tan), White and other colors. Right now they're available in Blue Suede. They're your typical Prada Driving Shoes but have the Signature Logo on the front flap. Right now, Bluefly has them but only in select sizes and not mine. I need a size 6.5 since Prada runs BIG.

If any of you could help me, then let me know.

http://www.bluefly.com/pages/product...&Nu=Product+ID

MiamiCane11

Reaction score
I didn't come on here to hear all of your criticism! I came on here because I thought maybe one or some of you could help me in the right direction, which some of you did, but the rest of your banter and trash talk is very discouraging.

MiamiCane11

Reaction score
No. I'm very strong person and have my own mind. When I see something I like, be that a girl or a pair of shoes, then I go out and get it, despite what others make think. I could careless what others think about products or humans I like and don't like.

Does that answer your question?

Sorry if I'm being hard, but I have bad experiences in the past with critical people who would comment on my clothing and hair and it just ended in bloodshed.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thread-I_like_where_this_thread_is_going.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads