• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your denim - denim fades and evolution

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might the 2% lycra prevent the jeans from stretching (permanently, that is) much? The fit looks great; very nice silhouette.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've heard this, but I'm of the opinion that the cotton fibers will stretch like any other cotton will, only when they are taken off the lycra will snap back like a rubber band. It's not going to undo the stretch though. I do expect that they won't stretch like raw 100% cotton, but that's probably a good thing in this case. Also, lycra fibers themselves will stretch and eventually break if stressed enough.

drashyyy

Reaction score
Shellshock, if you could answer a few questions... I'm in between sizes too. sometimes a 25, sometimes a 26 and occasionally 24 if the jeans run big. But you sized down right? Did you think the sizes were pretty accurate? Thanks a lot, the jeans look great btw

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Yea, 2% stretch jeans still stretch out and get saggy in areas like normal 100% cotton jeans. The main advantage i've gotten from them is easier mobility. You don't get the APC/japanese denim stiffness where it's harder to move and sharp on the back of your knees at first.

word. they were definitely more stiff than regular jeans but nothing ridic.

Originally Posted by drashyyy
Shellshock, if you could answer a few questions... I'm in between sizes too. sometimes a 25, sometimes a 26 and occasionally 24 if the jeans run big. But you sized down right? Did you think the sizes were pretty accurate? Thanks a lot, the jeans look great btw

i didn't size down, i got my normal size. i had talked to some dude at denimbar when i was trying to get some sling&stones and he told me to just get my size. i didn't have any measurements to go on with these so i just got my true size and hoped for the best. they were hard to put on at first, the button was pulling but they'll be alright when they stretch a little. if anything i'd be more towards a 27 in the hips/rear but then the legs and back of the thigh are always more baggy. hope this helps!

FormulaQ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shellshock
gave up on trying to find a pair of s&s in my size and bought these.

GS.jpg

here's hoping that the hips/waist stretches a bit.
bandanna for robbing trains was included with the purchase ^_^

dayum baby u fine

Avyer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shellshock
gave up on trying to find a pair of s&s in my size and bought these.

GS.jpg

here's hoping that the hips/waist stretches a bit.
bandanna for robbing trains was included with the purchase ^_^

If they're like the male versions, they do. And after that pic, going to head back over to Dresscodes and buy my girl a pair.

Serg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HanSoo417
I'm a 28w do you guys think that the RB6 in a 28w might look better or is it simply the cut of the jean that is bad for me? I like the wide legs since I'm used to wearing baggy jeans.

If you want something relaxd'ish but fitted for your skinny proportions go for KMW 1980's 1 inch smaller than your waste (so a 27). Although denim bar and context have none in stock at that size. These jeans are slim straight legs and will be much more flattering.

Other choices would be flathead 3001 (now called f310). If you go for these go for true waist size. self edge has them in stock. These are a bit lower rise I believe (don't have a pair yet).

toadstone

Reaction score
Originally Posted by greatfool
Those shoes look awesome with that shade of denim. Can I ask what shoe that is and what color?

They are Allen Edmonds Sanfords in cognac, though I used brown polish to darken them a shade.

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are Allen Edmonds Sanfords in cognac, though I used brown polish to darken them a shade.
I own the same shoes and agree they work great with jeans. Sanfords can be found easily on eBay -- got mine for something like $50 in excellent condition.

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Iron Heart 634S (thanks Kiya!), 7 months wear (~5x/week), no wash, no soak, filthy but odorless:
img2601smallvr8.jpg
img2598smallhj4.jpg
Color representation is pretty accurate. These things fade sloooooowly. EDIT: For comparison, this is how they looked brand-new:
img2404smallqv0.jpg

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5 months of solid wear, 3 soaks, 1 hot wash.
2210833128_48204e02f7.jpg
2210038879_3580de38b7.jpg
PRPS, new fit.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spacemanvt
those are fuckin awesome.

looks like theres hardly any stacking?

i don't stack them. i double cuff them..

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member