• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post comedians you don't think are funny or just don't get

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Wow if you like the Sarah Silverman Program when you will be on the floor with her stand up Jesus is Magic.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomasso
Try watching Bring the Pain and Never Scared, back to back. About a 1/4 of the way through NS you'll realize that he's lost the funny. Stand-up comedians are like athletes and beautiful women; It all starts going downhill after 40.

i actually listened to both of them back to back while stuck in traffic in CT last weekend. It's really tough to say, simply because i feel like the concepts he talks about in NS to be older than i am, married, wife etc.....i agree that the regular stuff doesn't hold up in NS, but his life perspective now is just as good if not better.

kakemono

Reaction score
Dane Cook
Carlos Mencia
Will Ferrell

Sarah Silverman is incredibly funny in very small amounts. When I watch her roasts, and small 1-2 minute things, I cant stop laughing... but when she tries to drag it out over a 30 minute TV show, it is terrible.

aybojs

Reaction score
I absolutely despise Stephen Colbert and all his annoying internet groupies, so I was glad to see him get mentioned here.

I also can't stand Tina Fey; her and Jimmy Fallon's stint on Weekend Update was an all time low for the show.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually think the funniest thing ever on the Sarah Silverman show was the bit in one of the earlier episodes with Brian Posehn where he pretended to love Tab after his boyfriend made him try it and then they played a game of chicken with increasing commitments to Tab, culminating with one of them getting them both jobs there and being ready to move to the factory. It was genius. "More Tab in your tallest glass, please!" Other than that I'm not crazy about the show, it goes more for shock than well-crafted humor in my opinion.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dane Cook. Period. I don't think anyone else comes anywhere close to the absolute unfunny lameness of this guy, although some try hard

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It seems I'm the only one that can't stand Ben Stiller. That guy annoys me to no end.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aybojs
I also can't stand Tina Fey;

I must protest. I LOOOVE Tina Fey, she's like a Larry David type...the brains behind the operation. 30 Rock is easily the best comedy on network tv right now due to her great writing. And Mean Girls was a great movie, due mostly in part to her smart writing as well. I've never seen her do a standup routine....didnt know she ever did. Thought of her more as "comedic" but not a comedian.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I absolutely love sarah silverman minus the singing stuff.

hate:
dane cook- it's worse when you're in college and every stoned idiot repeats his jokes (if they can be called that) non-stop
carlos mencia (but then again, i don't know if i've ever met anyone who liked him yet he's insanely popular)
jon stewart- The iraq war was the worst thing to ever happen to him comedy wise. Sure he's more popular now, but he hasn't been even remotely funny for the past 4 years or so. All of his good writers and bit guys left him and now he gets by on reputation and making a really obvious bush/republican joke 10x a show. I don't even like bush, but his jokes are rarely funny and his pretentiousness is unbearable.

i don't dislike these guys but they're a bit overrated, especially with college students i'm around:
steve carrell
will ferrell
louis black
mitch hedgeberg

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
What I find annoying with Sara Silverman is that blank stare she makes whenever she throws a punchline.

All time comedian I don't get would be Chevy Chase. He's not funny at all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads