• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

this is mine. i love the blue hands as you can only see them at certain angles.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Dammit. Just when I thought I had stopped lusting after the Stowa Marine.

pronxs - what drove you to the polished over the matte finish? I'm sort of torn, I appreciate seeing your polished one "in the wild." How long have you had it, and have you found the polished finish to hold up well over time?

OlafG

Reaction score
Stowas are sexy.

Loving both the Antea and the Marine. My only wish would be for them to offer them without a logo.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jersey Shore wristshot from yesterday.

OlafG

Reaction score
I'm on the lookout for a diver. Either the Steinhart OVM or a SKX007 with sapphire crystal(yobokies). I really like the look of the Steinhart.

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always wondered what a Sumo would look like with a DiModell Pilot or chronissimo strap. They're shouldered, and so would make up for the lopsided appearance of the narrow bracelet.

crisscross

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great pics of the Alpinist. The white dial does look stunning hopefully Seiko will release them again. Higuchi doesn't have any Alpinist in stock till end September so will have to wait!

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Curious, what do you think of it? I was also looking at Fluco - they look nice and reasonably priced compared to most cordovan straps I've seen.

Really like it. It's a quality product, and looks good.

noremac

Reaction score
I're replaced the two defective Kent Wang watches with an Alba Riki Watanabe. It's a little small but I have tiny wrists so I think it works. I'll need to replace the cheap band it came with though.

JTA

Reaction score
I like the Riki Watanabe Alba, it's one of the best value watch out there. Simplistic and unassuming yet elegant.

May I ask what happened with the Kent Wang watches? Are they the Bauhaus watches?
My impression is that it is made by Beijing Watch Factory which is one of the high end watch maker in China hence it should be durable?

Cubits

Reaction score
The Riki is a gorgeous watch, i love how the hour markers "eave" over the minute ring. It's also suitably small for my lady wrists, yet looks big enough for my man hands due to the curve of the glass.

Watanabe was a bit of a design god, and the movement is decent enough, i will probably be down for a couple of these in the next month (cream and copper faces). My only qualm would be with the thickness, but that's the price you pay for the visual benefit of domed glass.

Last edited:

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is a beautiful watch.

I're replaced the two defective Kent Wang watches with an Alba Riki Watanabe. It's a little small but I have tiny wrists so I think it works. I'll need to replace the cheap band it came with though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads