• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Khayembii Communique

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

trying to capture the domed crystal
D1965CD2-9B47-469D-AF4B-9149AA24E6C5-3061-000001C36E15BEC3.jpg

What model is this?

LostnConfused

Reaction score
Hi guys, poor college student here. I'm looking and admiring all these watches but I'm looking for places to buy one for myself. Any online or other suggestions? I live in California if that helps and looking for a piece for business casual clothes. Thanks
musicboohoo[1].gif

jth85

Reaction score
Macy's or Nordstrom should have a good collection to try on, however if your going to buy it from there your going to pay a nice markup. I would try and find what you like in the store then buy online at a cheaper site.

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
I would avoid Fossil and Nixon and any other names that are known for fashion (Armani, etc). They make OK looking watches, that will probably look good and run good for a while. But they are basically cheap quartz in a fancy package that if you are like a lot of people you'll eventually put in a drawer when it dies and never get the battery changed. You're paying for their logo on the watch mostly and the watch won't be a performance piece.

Seiko makes numerous casual/dress watches, it's the only brand I have much experience with, but I am mostly into Divers. Citizen is another pretty good brand. They are on Amazon. Otherwise peruse this thread on random pages for other brands/ideas.

EDIT: and Orient of course. Those 3 (Seiko Citizen Orient) have a huge range of super affordables, that are actually well-made watches, but there's probably 25+ other really good brands that are pretty good. They all make autos and solars; Citizen Eco Drive are supposed to be pretty reliable but I've never had one.

Last edited:

jt10000

Reaction score
I would avoid Fossil and Nixon and any other names that are known for fashion (Armani, etc). They make OK looking watches, that will probably look good and run good for a while. But they are basically cheap quartz in a fancy package that if you are like a lot of people you'll eventually put in a drawer when it dies and never get the battery changed. You're paying for their logo on the watch mostly and the watch won't be a performance piece.

Well....I've got a Kenneth Cole watch and while I hate the brand in general, the watch looks really nice which is why I bought it. It's a cheap quartz in a nice design.

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score

Well....I've got a Kenneth Cole watch and while I hate the brand in general, the watch looks really nice which is why I bought it. It's a cheap quartz in a nice design.

Don't get me wrong... I still have a few Fossils I keep. I haven't worn them in forever, but I do still have a couple that I keep running... I have another handful of them somewhere in storage that I haven't seen in at least 6 or 7 years. They are OK, I'd like to see them again... I just ended up getting hooked more on autos and divers and really shifted my focus. I still have a few quartzes and a digital.

I guess in a lot of ways they are really good poorman watches, haha. They do have tons of designs.

JohnnyMarr

Reaction score

I think this looks OK and for £89, can't really argue; may well purchase one for myself.

Now, for all you 'driving types', check out this 'busy' number
mwink[1].gif

Being honest, I'd wear that on a casual boating day (awaits howls of derision!)

lamergod

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting my own Chinese movement which are selling for about 30 plus dollars and source out my own parts to make my own kit watch. Thinking of either designing my own dial or find a nice stock one. I'd reckon everything will run up to about 70 plus dollars.

And if it's a feasible business idea, I might want to use it to make some sides to supplement my pocket money for school or savings for college.

What do you guys think? Anyone of you have any experiences?

Last edited:

crisscross

Reaction score

Yes, that is close enough.
You can just swap out a metal band for a leather one?
I have no problems with a replica, b/c expensive watches are a ripoff.
However, the watch you posted looks nothing like the watch I posted. It's an ugly fashion watch

After a closer look the Seiko on Ebay has a shaded blue while the Omega has a nice dark solid blue. If someone has suggestions with a similar Seiko and strap I would really appreciate it. I absolutely love the Omega

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm contemplating a bund style strap for this vintage Seiko "Pepsi" chronograph.

Good idea? (or should I just stick with the steel bracelet?)

Some bund pictures gleaned off of the internet:

Lord Mulberry

Reaction score
I found my old Timex Watch the other day. Dad bought it for me in 1979 and I mislaid it for 30 years, totally forgot about it. Anyway, I found it the other week, wound it up and it still works and keeps remarkable time. You can say what you want about Timex watches but they're cheap and just keep going.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads