• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20240303_102821.jpg

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The article needs better and more extensive numbers, but still interesting.
"Pricing quartz-based steel watches or mechanicals housing mass-produced ETA or Sellita movements at £1,500 does not make them luxurious or affordable, just because the brands say so."

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New Seiko Prospex models inspired to the legendary 62MAS. Smaller and with more power than the previous iteration, they're really attractive in my eyes.

Screenshot (1326).png

Although I like the charcoal dial with gold accents, I probably would choose the black one, always the right choice for a diver. I also prefer a matt finish for this type.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Seiko Prospex models inspired to the legendary 62MAS. Smaller and with more power than the previous iteration, they're really attractive in my eyes.

View attachment 2145149

Although I like the charcoal dial with gold accents, I probably would choose the black one, always the right choice for a diver. I also prefer a matt finish for this type.

I've been trying not to buy new watches over the past couple of years and though I've been failing miserably, I have been pretty good at not buying new Seiko dive watches because even though I love them, I have way too many. These new, slightly smaller versions of their existing designs has been making it really difficult.

I've got a couple MM300 that I rarely wear anymore because my tastes have changed a bit and I prefer something a little less heavy. The MM200 "Baby Marinemaster" is really enticing though. If they had actually put "Marinemaster" on the dial again, I'd probably already have one by now.

These two in particular have been calling to me:

SPB187J1_1024x1024@2x.png
SBDC167_spb299_b146053a-c5df-41be-ac62-89af5dbb9e8a_1024x1024@2x.png

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been trying not to buy new watches over the past couple of years and though I've been failing miserably, I have been pretty good at not buying new Seiko dive watches because even though I love them, I have way too many. These new, slightly smaller versions of their existing designs has been making it really difficult.

I've got a couple MM300 that I rarely wear anymore because my tastes have changed a bit and I prefer something a little less heavy. The MM200 "Baby Marinemaster" is really enticing though. If they had actually put "Marinemaster" on the dial again, I'd probably already have one by now.

These two in particular have been calling to me:

SPB187J1_1024x1024@2x.png
SBDC167_spb299_b146053a-c5df-41be-ac62-89af5dbb9e8a_1024x1024@2x.png

We shouldn't fight our passions. No collection is too big.

alantrickman

Reaction score
Anyone have any clue about what an approximate value for this would be? Not running currently.

I posted this here about 5 years ago and someone commented they had a the same watch and identified it as a Omega Seamaster Automatic, 1958.

Screen Shot 2024-03-08 at 11.28.37 AM.png

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any clue about what an approximate value for this would be? Not running currently.

I posted this here about 5 years ago and someone commented they had a the same watch and identified it as a Omega Seamaster Automatic, 1958.

View attachment 2145343

Not running? Maybe a couple hundred dollars at most if you get it cleaned up first. If the bracelet is original and has an Omega-branded clasp, there might be more value in the bracelet than the watch itself. I sold a running Seamaster from roughly the same era a few years back for about $500, IIRC. They are nice looking watches with a classic design but not particularly difficult to come by.

It might be worthwhile to take it to a watchmaker to see what it would take to get it running again. Semasters from this era are pretty easy to come across so I have to imagine it's not too difficult of a watch to work on or even swap out a movement entirely if desired.

Edit: A quick search on Watchrecon finds a similar one from 1956 that sold in the fall after being posted for $588 (not sure what the final selling point was). That one was much cleaner and running but didn't have a bracelet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads