• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20240222_100054.jpg

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Inherited a Sekonda watch from my father. Made in USSR. Taking it to a watch repair shop for servicing today as it needs a new display (cracked) and crown. I don't normally like gold jewelry but looking forward to wearing this thing.

Attachments

• IMG_4138.jpg
    IMG_4138.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4139.jpg
    IMG_4139.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 56

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’d guess that’s a lot higher than the arbitrary $1k threshold but I like it. I have a green/blue Milgaus so I already like the idea of a green dial.

About 3k, not little obviously, but peanuts in comparison with entry level Omegas and Rolexes, for example.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are these guys still around? I remember some time ago they were the sister brand of Girard Perregeaux and they had some interesting models, I remember a Chronoscope model that was like an IWC Aquatimer.
Apparently they have been discontinued. At one time they were very plentiful on the gray market. I had four of them all purchased under 1K each. I sold one and now I regret it. IMHO they are very nice looking and great quality. I really like this collaboration with street artist Gully.
jrg.JPG

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are these guys still around? I remember some time ago they were the sister brand of Girard Perregeaux and they had some interesting models, I remember a Chronoscope model that was like an IWC Aquatimer.

Apparently they have been discontinued. At one time they were very plentiful on the gray market. I had four of them all purchased under 1K each. I sold one and now I regret it. IMHO they are very nice looking and great quality. I really like this collaboration with street artist Gully.
View attachment 2140205

Those Jean Richard watches are fantastic!

When I first saw the Terrascope (maybe 12 years ago now?) I thought they were sort of chunky ad ugly but a year or so later I was at a local gathering of some watch collectors and one of the guys there had one and I was really surprised with the quality and fit/finish in person.

I always kept an eye out for a good example but they were difficult to find on the secondhand market and at the time I didn't want to buy new. Once they brand went kaput they became even more difficult to find and prices on the secondhand market rose to more than they were going for new not too long before that.

Every once in a while I still look for one but they have definitely haven't gotten any easier to find. Prices have come back down to reality but they usually sell pretty fast. I was close to finally snagging a white faced one back in December for $600 but it sold about 10 minutes before I made up my mind. So close!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads