• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Irish95

Reaction score
Liked it so much, I thought I’d grab my son’s watch to go watch college football with the wife and friends.

Irish95

Reaction score
Forgot the watch
C2C6E721-0C5D-475C-BE87-1066835A9F68.jpeg

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holding a spot for the two new watches I just bought:

Dan Henry 1975 skindivers
39mm orange on orange
37mm gilt on black

Sadly I won't get them for a week or so because we are traveling next week and we held our mail.

I hate waiting for things!!

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always say that so many Breitlings look too busy to me, especially the Navitimers, but those Superoceans are sweet! I sat next to a fella on a plane once who had the blue face bicompax chrono on a steel mesh strap. They got that one right!

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always say that so many Breitlings look too busy to me, especially the Navitimers, but those Superoceans are sweet! I sat next to a fella on a plane once who had the blue face bicompax chrono on a steel mesh strap. They got that one right!
My regret is when I bought it I was in the "bigger is better" phase so I got a 46mm when a 42mm would have been just fine.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I feel the same way about Breitling - some are way too busy and others look absolutely perfect.

I really like the Navitimer Automatic (the non-chrono Navitimer). If they offered it in a 39mm version and/or a version with the Arabic numerals like the Cosmonaute version of the Navitimer, I'd probably be all over it. Some of the Superoceans look great but are way too big. I need to build a d@mn matrix to keep track of the different colors and sizes and dials layouts to hunt down one I'd want!

Just today, somebody offered me a Breitling Colt as part of a trade for a Hamilton Intra-Matic I'm selling. I'm primarily interested in just thinning out my collection, but I am tempted...

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed with others re: the love/hate view of Breitlings. I think the one posted is nice, although it's just not my style personally.

I have a PMW I want to sell. What is a good place to look to get a sense of the market? Obviously I can browse Chrono24, eBay, etc. but I'm looking to see what a realistic price is for watches that have actually sold. It's nothing rare or particularly special: a Seiko Presage SRPB43, excellent condition.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed with others re: the love/hate view of Breitlings. I think the one posted is nice, although it's just not my style personally.

I have a PMW I want to sell. What is a good place to look to get a sense of the market? Obviously I can browse Chrono24, eBay, etc. but I'm looking to see what a realistic price is for watches that have actually sold. It's nothing rare or particularly special: a Seiko Presage SRPB43, excellent condition.
I always look at watchrecon.com to see what people are selling specific pieces at on Reddit, WUS or other sites.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I always look at watchrecon.com to see what people are selling specific pieces at on Reddit, WUS or other sites.

This.

WatchRecon is pretty good for showing you a bunch of posts with that watch so you can see prices across various platforms. You may have to click around a bunch to see what's actually sold, but it's usually worth the effort.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This.

WatchRecon is pretty good for showing you a bunch of posts with that watch so you can see prices across various platforms. You may have to click around a bunch to see what's actually sold, but it's usually worth the effort.
Thanks. Any thoughts on what platform to use? Any personal experience? Again, this is a sale of a few hundred bucks, not tens of thousands. I want something simple and straightforward where both sides can be reasonably certain they're not being scammed by the other.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Any thoughts on what platform to use? Any personal experience? Again, this is a sale of a few hundred bucks, not tens of thousands. I want something simple and straightforward where both sides can be reasonably certain they're not being scammed by the other.

I'm convinced that WUS is still the best place to actually post items for sale. It's easily searchable and has the most user-friendly interface.

The Reddit r/watchexchange forum seems to get a ton of traffic and I've bought on there a few times but (and maybe I'm showing my age) it just moves way too fast for me to post anything on there. That said, I posted about a dozen watches for sale this weekend on WUS and figure if any of them are still unsold in a couple weeks, I may try to cross-post them over on Reddit, but I'm still a little weary.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads