• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Devoti

Reaction score
Just picked up another poor man's watch. A new old stock diver for $55 on ebay. While not an Omega Seamaster 300 or an orig. Rolex Turn-o-Graph imho it's presentable, 38mm case, tells good time and looks brand new; I dig the second hand.

I see so many nice cheap watches on eBay but I have to admit, I have to give myself some strict guidelines on what is worth buying as it's very much a minefield and a cheap watch can end up being a very expensive watch to fix up or junk because it's not worth fixing up but it's totally doable with some patience and homework.

Ask the seller key questions about it's condition, how well it's currently telling time and if there's any problems or has it been serviced recently. I find the best deals are from items listed with vague descriptions and bad pictures but asking them for more info and pics of the item can be very beneficial.

Come on guys, lets see some of your recent acquisitions!

Last edited:

ClassyCanuck

Reaction score
I have been on the search for a usable diver again ever since I got rid of my Orange Monster, no I don't dive but do like to swim at the cottage and none of my other watches would do well in water. So I picked this up the other day used from WUS.
So far it's working great, haven't had it in the water yet, I'm sure it won't be an issue.

Devoti

Reaction score
Nice choice! You could go to war with that watch, their bomb proof. You should be fine using it in the water as long as the crown is screwed in and the seals are good. If your worried about it getting it water/pressure tested is easy by taking to a nearby seiko service center or a repairman who has the machine. It shouldn't cost very much to do it.

I have been on the search for a usable diver again ever since I got rid of my Orange Monster, no I don't dive but do like to swim at the cottage and none of my other watches would do well in water. So I picked this up the other day used from WUS.
So far it's working great, haven't had it in the water yet, I'm sure it won't be an issue.

Last edited:

ClassyCanuck

Reaction score

Nice choice! You could go to war with that watch, their bomb proof. You should be fine using it in the water as long as the crown is screwed in and the seals are good. If your worried about it getting it water/pressure tested is easy by taking to a nearby seiko service center or a repairman who has the machine. It shouldn't cost very much to do it.

Thanks, well I already wore it in the shower....still ticking:D

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice Seiko SKX007, I wear mine on a G-10 NATO strap.

Last edited:

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another fan of the 007 here. It's probably the favorite watch in my collection and when I travel it's usually the only watch I take.

Geezer

Reaction score

Another fan of the 007 here. It's probably the favorite watch in my collection and when I travel it's usually the only watch I take.

Another Seiko auto diver fan. I have an 007, an SKX013 mid-size (currently on my wrist on a NATO band), and an older 6309 movement one from the 80s that needs a full rebuild. They have a reliable and purposeful simplicity about them, and I can't think of anything much better at the price, or even at a few times the price.

If anyone knows anyone in London/the UK who can do a full rebuild on a 25-year old Seiko at a decent price, let me know.

theh00d

Reaction score
College student here looking for a nice inexpensive dress watch to wear with suits as well as casually

Looking at timex easy reader or vintage timex w/ roman dial selfwinder around $50+?

what should I get? Or does anyone have any suggestions for a similar white face watch?

Thanks

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads