• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

polos... jersey or pique?

Composer_1777

Reaction score
Jersey Polo's fade easier and stain easier. From my experience jersey won't last as long but you can get better looks out of them.

Casey

Reaction score
I like a soft pique polo, it's kind of a good cross of both worlds. For example, you can get a decent Stinky Rat polo at Marc Jacobs stores for $28 or $35, and they're made of a lightweight pique cotton. For the price point, I have no complaints whatsoever. Except that I thought it was strange when the guy ringing me up decided to put a cigarette in his mouth in the middle of the transaction.

Lostinthesupermarket

Reaction score
Pique is definitely less comfortable. I've got a couple of WWM long sleeved ones in thick jersey with chambray collars that are incredibly comfortable and also look pretty smart. They were made for WWM by Colombia Mills in Oregon.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like them both. I usually wear Lacoste pique or the JCrew broken in jersey polo. Depends what kind of mood I'm in. Brighter colors look better in pique and rustic/broken-in looks better in jersey.

blam89

Reaction score
what kind of jersey polos doyou guys buy? jcrew and american apparel seem to be the only places i can regularly find jersey polos but jcrew fades too quickly and aa has too deep a placket for me...

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pique definitely, the only casual shirt I have made out of jersey is a rugby shirt and I prefer pique for both polos and rubys.

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alternative Apparels 40's 100% Pima Cotton Noonan Polo is by far the most comfortable polo.

videogeek

Reaction score
Have to go with pique. I have a couple of Calvin Klein jersey polos that have been okay, and if you can find the ones without the CK logo (sorry, I'm seriously logo-averse) they're nice. I just prefer pique, it seems to hold its shape better over time.

stylo 9000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Barrylicious
look at how dumb this post is

+1

jersey for me, I just don't like the way pique feels and I don't like the way it drapes. It may just be in my head

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
RRL's jersey polos are some of the most comfortable polos, or shirts for that matter, that I've worn. Their pique polos are ok but haven't quite cut it for me. Rag & Bone, on the other hand, does use some nice pique for their polos.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads