• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

POAL: Do you hang or fold you dress shirts?

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust
Living in Manhattan, with more drawer (or shelf) space than hanging space, my shirts are folded by the shirt laundry - folds/creases be damned . . .

Given my closet configuration, I can fit more folded than hanging. Plus the folds are not generally viable by the time I leave the apartment in the morning.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mac
Having a shirt sleeve crease is a little different from having the front panels of your shirts have huge "folds" in them. I also hate the french cuff folds new shirts have.

x2
ffffuuuu.gif

I steam the crap out of them to get them back to normal
laugh.gif

Montauk

Reaction score
I've been increasingly unhappy with how my hung shirts get crushed and creased in my jampacked closets, but have despaired of my ability to consistently fold them well. That shirt board is a great idea, though, and exactly what I've been looking for. Thanks for the link!

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Folded, then placed in stacks of about 5-6 each. I just don't have the room to hang shirts up. Two built-in wardrobes are already full of other clothes, so the shirts have to be folded.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
That is larger than my house. Not to say I don't desire a walk-in that large...

800 sq ft is wishful thinking on my part, true, but just imagine it. Even 400 sq ft would be nice.
There has to be some big timers here who enjoy large boutique-styled wardrobe rooms, aren't there?

Amiens

Reaction score
In the Nineteenth Century fashion conscious Italians would ape the appearance of visiting Englishmen by applying creases to their clothes; unaware that said creases came about through the clothes having been packed in luggage.

polarcreamsoda

Reaction score
in addition to the fold or hang question.

For those who fold, do you iron before you fold or iron when you wear it?!

i think its pretty obvious for the hangers out there that you iron before you hang.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads