• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please help me lose 20 lbs

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
you paid to do this? I get the same when I mow the lawn in the summer.

kohHanksBackStory.jpg

what a spectacle it would be.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^^^ nah, I have this drainage ditch in front of the house. Actually, we all do, and it works really well during heavy rains. When Ike roared into town, other hoods flooded, but ours didn't.

FlaneurNYC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
very nice

can you work up a big sweat doing yoga like you can on the treadmill or stairmaster?

If you take Vinyasa style yoga, you'd be surprised how much you sweat. I was a ridiculous pile of gasping, chest-pounding perspiration for the first year and I thought I was in pretty good shape before that.

Try balancing on one leg and holding the other leg and your body parallel to the floor for 8 breaths. When you weigh 220, it's pretty damn tough! You use muscles you didn't know existed.

And now that I'm able to do that easily, I take more advanced classes and can balance on my forearms, my hands, my head, etc. which makes for some cool party tricks.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
went to the gym last week 7 days : sunday 15th through sunday 22nd. missed just a friday. they are open 24 hours so i went at all odd times. really sticking the 1 hour cardio (stairmaster) every time and some lite weights upstairs (10lbers moving them around like an elderly person would) it feels sort of strange and looks strange too. as im used to moving some heavy weight. i look like i can too so people look at me strange for just swinging around 10 lbers for a few sets.
i feel more healthy and cut/defined already (ive been going the two weeks prior as well) but havent lost any real weight yet. still at 193-194. 193 on a good day. really want to drop down to 180 by february march.

remember, this is sort of a primer of some sorts, not a regular routine maintenance where i will relegate my workout schedule to let say 3-4 times a week. i want to hit it up as much as i can when i can as long as possible. and the good news it is right down the street. hopefully one day i can come close to the body of my luscious avatar.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ How are you going to approach the extravagant dinners of the upcoming holidays?

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
^ How are you going to approach the extravagant dinners of the upcoming holidays?

good question. this has always been my weak point of the year all my life. i am statistically heavier during the holidays (fall /winter starting around halloween) than any other time of the year.

it is going to be tough and eating alot will not be an opt out in many cases as my family and functions and so forth requires me to join in the fun. so i do and dont worry about it. this is one of the reasons why i want to ramp up as much as i can before the big holiday (xmas for me) hits. thanksgiving this year luckily will be a non factor as it will be pretty much non eventful for me as no body is getting together due to some strange anomalous circumstances.

but during the xmas peak season: a week before xmas and up through new years and a few days after, there are tons of shopping with family, eating out, vacation days to go to functions, eat, family dinners, shopping and eating out and leftovers and eating at the office as so many depts let out food and treats.

so i wil have to ramp up quickly through now to about mid december as much as i can

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
shoe, you're really weird.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Yeah but you must have lost 1000 lbs in total by now, as well as gained 1020 lbs or so. You've never posted a picture of yourself either, right? I'd really like to see what you're dealing with.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
lol. look at pages 6-8. a few photos of me there at various stages of my life

and you are right. i did lose and gain about that much in my life im sure . it has been a roller coaster

i dont have a photo of me back in college and when i was at select times in my 20s , but would you believe i actually had a washboard stomach like in the avatar (that's a girl though)? i was 157 lbs several times in life . yeah i was very chiseled back then <not scrawny>. but i was approx 210 + lbs in that fat pic on page 7

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
OIC, interesting.

Cognacad

Reaction score
It is so much easier not to eat something than to work it off. I lost 20 LBS in 2-3 months by reducing caloric intake to like 1800. It is not the healthiest thing in the world some might argue, but I did not lose much muscle at all if any to the naked eye and I feel great. Now I can focus on gaining muscle and I eat ALOT.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cognacad
It is so much easier not to eat something than to work it off. I lost 20 LBS in 2-3 months by reducing caloric intake to like 1800. It is not the healthiest thing in the world some might argue, but I did not lose much muscle at all if any to the naked eye and I feel great. Now I can focus on gaining muscle and I eat ALOT.

oh, i dont care too much about losing muscle.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've hit 170. I want to cry! I'm eating better now, but it's just so hard to resist that cheeseburger or that double chocolate muffin.
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads