• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please critique my Nialma shirt?

Decaffeinated

Reaction score
New to the world of online MTM and just got my first NiAlma test shirt in the mail and would like some feedback -- no idea if I took measurements correctly or what a well-fitted shirt is supposed to be like, so any feedback is helpful (I know neck/wrist feel a little tight right now, sleeves may be a little long, and there's too much material hanging out the back). Thanks!

litho

Reaction score
Do you have a shot of the back?

Is that a churches tie? I think I have the exact tie and nialma fabric as you! (and camera)

Decaffeinated

Reaction score
Should my test shirt have darts on the back -- I understand it's a test shirt and all... did others receiving NiAlma shirts have darts on their test shirts too?

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
the sleeves are not long. see how they climb up when you bend your arms.
you can move the buttons if the cuffs feel too tight.

HHD

Reaction score
If the collar feels tight now, won't it feel tighter still after a wash? I thought MTM shirts were made with a little 'give' in the collar and sleeves to allow for shrinkage.

It's a nice shirt and it appears to fit you well from the photos.

guster

Reaction score
seems to fit well. HAve you washed it a few times yet. Fit after washing will be the better test.

jessis

Reaction score
Yeah looks pretty good.

If you did not have the darts you would most likely have bigger problems with the billowing at the back.

Keep the darts - they help shape shirts for skinny guys like us.

Belt is cool.

Decaffeinated

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback -- for those of your wondering, it's one of NiAlma's base styles (cheapest). The fabric feels good and the craftsmanship was superb, no loose threads anywhere. I ordered on a Tuesday morning and got my test shirt on a Saturday. I washed the shirt twice before taking the photos you see above. I left the darts in and got a little more room in the neck and cuffs.

Waiting for the rest of my shirts, but gotta give a thumbs up for the service from NiAlma so far. Recommended!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Edna Stewart