• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pink sportcoat

PTWilliams

Reaction score
I was supposes to receive the rather nice cashmere/silk pink jacket from an Ebay seller (1st picture), but they seemed to have lost it and thought perhaps I wouldn't notice the substitution of unknown composition (other pictures). Well, they refunded my money and told me to keep this jacket, so I have no complaints. Perhaps this way I can try to figure out if I really am looking for a nice pink Brioni or Kiton jacket. What do you guys think about a pink jacket, and what would you pair it with? I might wear this out a few times to see if it gets any bites, but it might even have some polyester in it, God forbid.
Thanks as always guys.

Calder

Reaction score
No labels or anything?

What does the underside of the lapels look like?

Can you snag a loose thread from anywhere invisible to try a flame test on the fabric to see if it melts or burns?

As for what to wear with it... well you were the one buying a pink jacket in the first place, what were you going to wear with that?

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The jacket is well-cut and fits you better than half of what one sees in SF.
As for the color... non- traditional.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Summery ensemble with white strides and panama is daring (not that that would bother you!) but looks good.

Pairing a summery blazer with a wool roll neck sweater looks horrible. Don't do this in the wild.

If your rationale is to 'get bites', and that means hook ups with women of the opposite sex, you'd be better off saving your money from filling your wardrobe with 'designer labels' and instead getting on one of those plenty of fish type websites. Or so my friend tells me!

Last edited:

Sashu

Reaction score
Pink jackets are fantastic. I'd wear one with navy pants with some sort of embroidery, like anchors or sharks, a blue OCBD, a navy (or striped) knit tie, tan suede double monks (without captoes), and a cream silk paisley pocket square. But then again, that might look awful. I might have bad taste.

Navy trousers are a sure bet, and so is a white pair. Pink's too bright a jacket color to warrant wearing a sweater underneath, IMO.

PTWilliams

Reaction score

Summery ensemble with white strides and panama is daring (not that that would bother you!) but looks good.

Pairing a summery blazer with a wool roll neck sweater looks horrible. Don't do this in the wild.

If your rationale is to 'get bites', and that means hook ups with women of the opposite sex, you'd be better off saving your money from filling your wardrobe with 'designer labels' and instead getting on one of those plenty of fish type websites. Or so my friend tells me!

A bite is a complete stranger coming up and complementing my outfit, if they're female even better, but an honest complement from a dude is welcome too. I think for many women, you're right that fishing with designer labels is the prefered bait.

I've always thought pink has a lot of potential since it goes with almost every color.

PTWilliams

Reaction score

A bite is a complete stranger coming up and complementing my outfit, if they're female even better, but an honest complement from a dude is welcome too. I think for many women, you're right that fishing with designer labels is the prefered bait.

I've always thought pink has a lot of potential since it goes with almost every color.

PTWilliams

Reaction score
What the hell was that? A computer glitch?

Sashu

Reaction score

Theory and practice are very different things. Pink has a lot of potential, but just because it can work with lots of things doesn't meant those things are going to work out for everyone (or at all).
And yes, that is a computer glitch.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With respect, the pink jacket fights with your skin tones so to make it work, you'll need to nix the sweater and go for a contrasting shirt.
May I also suggest keeping medium range of earth tones away from direct contact with your face as they wash you out.
A suggestion if I may..BD Ginham Shirt in blue or dark grey.

You could also try a BD collared shirt in white, cream or sky blue.
The turtleneck will work better with a dark brown or black leather jacket, imo.
Try also cream linen pants or white.
Brown shoes or spectators.

edit-
P.S.
I like the whale behind you.

Last edited:

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like the pink & blue suggestions would make him look like a giant cotton candy.

Sashu

Reaction score
I feel like the pink & blue suggestions would make him look like a giant cotton candy.

Sure, but you could argue that wearing a pink blazer will make a person look that way no matter what he or she does. I think it's bold enough of a color to just throw it all out the window and tell people to go to hell
happy.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads