• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pink shirts...your take? How many have them?

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love all sorts of colors, pink is a favorite.

I have pink
-shirts
-pants
-socks
-pocketsquares
-ties
-sweaters

I also like purple.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106

I have pink
-shirts
-pants
-socks
-pocketsquares
-ties
-sweaters

I also like purple.

Personally, while I like pink shirts and ties, and a pink pocket square might be okay, I would never wear pink pants, socks and especially a pink sweater.

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two paler pink shirts, and one in a more militant pink -- salmon, maybe. Pink ties don't particularly work for me, and I can't see wearing anything else in pink, though I may have owned a pair of braces once upon a time in the 80s.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
The sweater would have to be angora, at least.
A former GF used to wear a pink angora sweater, braless, and when she walked it looked like puppies playing under a blanket.
inlove.gif

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Disclaimer: Long-time forum members can skip this, since I've written the same stories at least twice already.

I own two solid pink OCBDs and a pink polo shirt, as well as pink ties and pocket squares. The response I get is mixed, but weighted heavily toward compliments, usually from women. The first time I wore my predominantly pink Talbott tie, I got half a dozen compliments. Women compliment my pink dress shirts almost every time I wear them. My ex-boss (retired) used to tell me "I hear you can't trust men who wear pink". He stopped after I responded "I hear you can't trust men who aren't secure enough to wear pink". The first time I wore my pink polo to work, I got 2 compliments immediately and a secretary stopped me in the hall and practically gushed "That pink shirt looks great on you! It really makes your complexion pop!!".

I also like lavender, but I haven't yet found a suitable replacement for my old, worn-out lavender OCBD.

Charley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A pink shirt is almost a 100% alternative to a pale blue shirt.
I have about as many in pink as in blue.
Pale pink is a reasonably flattering color for most every one.
Both pink and blue are more of a daytime color.

Go with white, light cream, or very light grey for the evening.

Leaveitothexperts

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106

I have pink
-shirts
-pants
-socks
-pocketsquares
-ties
-sweaters

I also like purple.

Shirts love 'em. Ties and pocket squares, maybe.

Pants, socks, sweaters? Let's be serious!

Alan B.

Reaction score
Perhaps the most beautiful item of clothing I've ever seen was a high quality Scottish cashmere sweater in pink.

Avers

Reaction score
It looks like lots members have pink items in their wardrobes.

Did any of you encounter any negative comments on the color?

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'd probably draw the line at pink socks, only because i've never seen any that I would choose to wear.

But shirts, yes.
Ties, yes-- making some allowances for circumstance.
Trousers-- if very pale pink, could be worn with a summer blazer, no socks. Some guys can get away with hot pink.
Sweaters-- haven't seriously thought about that, but nothing intrinsically wrong with the idea.

Python

Reaction score
Pink, lilac, lavender, purple... some of my favourite colours in shirts (particularly if combined with a pattern or interesting weave). They're also great in ties and cufflinks. I wouldn't wear a lavender or purple suit, though - that's a little too Elton John...

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Strangely, no pink in the closet, but I totally go for lilac. Well, I do have a pink/navy gingham shirt, so I'm covered. and a pink/navy striped tie. Ok, I'm good with pink.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads