• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pictures of nice gloves...?

fkl118

Reaction score

fkl118, did you take part in this test a few year ago? I'm wondering how the Paularun leather will hold up.

Yes, and they've held up well. You're probably more likely to lose them than have them wear out.

diglett

Reaction score
And we're in business! These Dents actually came in last week (glorious Royal Mail shipping times), but had to be rerouted to my campus. The right-hand glove shots are with a size 8.5, and the left-hand gloves are with a size 8. There's definitely less stretching on the palm of the 8.5, but the fingers are a bit too long. With that in mind, and considering that everyone here has agreed that the leather itself will stretch after a while, I'm sticking with the size 8.

graydog

Reaction score
These are my favorite gloves. They're dark green w/ beige cashmere lining...I've been wearing them with a sage green peacoat.

laughter95

Reaction score
Damn. I just purchased a pair of Dent's deerskin handsewn gloves in bark, size 7.5. However, they're too long in the fingers for me. I'm putting these up for sale. I'd like to recoup the cost of the gloves, which cost me with shipping: $110. Let me know if anyone's interested. Otherwise these are going back on Saturday. I wore them for five minutes and the gloves show no signs of wear.

thomaspaine

Reaction score
Picked up those unlined skyfall gloves from Dent. Not sure how I feel about them, was expecting a snugger fit. Hand measures 8.75" which is a medium by their chart, but I think if I size down to a small I won't be able to fit my hand in. Palm and thumb are ok but fingers are a little long and loose. Thoughts?

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they feel too big they probably are...gloves stretch with time so you should buy them very snug to begin with.

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are unlined gloves for those people that feel a bit of winter, but it never gets that cold? If you like gloves, but it only ever gets down to 15 degrees (59 degrees on the American scale), would you go with unlined over cashmere lined?

diglett

Reaction score
Are unlined gloves for those people that feel a bit of winter, but it never gets that cold? If you like gloves, but it only ever gets down to 15 degrees (59 degrees on the American scale), would you go with unlined over cashmere lined?
This is really similar to a question I've had for the past few weeks: When do you wear unlined gloves? Besides driving gloves, I can't think of an appropriate time to wear unlined gloves; either it's cold enough to warrant lined gloves, or it's not cold enough for gloves at all.

puzzled.gif

GothamRed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is really similar to a question I've had for the past few weeks: When do you wear unlined gloves? Besides driving gloves, I can't think of an appropriate time to wear unlined gloves; either it's cold enough to warrant lined gloves, or it's not cold enough for gloves at all.

puzzled.gif

I wear them in NYC as I'm usually only outside for a few minutes (home to train, train to office, etc.), plus I like the fit and feel more.

thomaspaine

Reaction score

puzzled.gif

Doesn't usually get colder than 50 F in San Francisco. Just having something to protect my hands from wind chill is all I need, and I don't like how bulky lined gloves feel on my hands.

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perfect, so unlined peccary is fine for casual and formal wear?

Thinking of going for a dark bark/brown unlined peccary glove.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads