• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pics of my new shoes

wicozani

Reaction score
Greetings forumners. I recently received my first two pairs of EG shoes directly from EG in London. They are the Telford model in Mink Suede and the Plymouth model in Burnt Pine. Each are size 10.5 UK "F" fitting, the Telford on the 202 last and the Plymouth on the 606 last. The 202 is the roomier of the two lasts for my feet; indeed, the Telford is almost a little too loose while the Plymouth is a little tight through the balls of the feet. The color of the Plymouth is actually a lighter brown than shown with a somewhat olive hue. Very interesting, and certainly not as brown as shown and without any red hue.
standard.jpg
standard.jpg
standard.jpg
standard.jpg
standard.jpg
Here is a picture of all the shoes I have acquired in the past 9 months; basically since beginning to frequent this and another forum. Can you guess I used to have mainly black shoes?
standard.jpg
(L to R, bottom): RL Italian-made; C&J RL; Romano Martegani (from Rider); EG Plymouth; EG Telford; RL Italian-made; BB Peal monkstrap. (Top) C&J RL McCallum cordovan. Thanks for looking, any comments, and take care. Jeff

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a nice looking collection. Thanks for posting the pics. How do you like the Romano Martegani's so far?

dan

wicozani

Reaction score
That's a nice looking collection.  Thanks for posting the pics.  How do you like the Romano Martegani's so far?

dan
I really like them. They are my most fashion-forward shoe, so I feel the need to be pretty well-dressed while wearing them. Rider (Ron) antiqued them beautifully for me. The fit is very nice with quite a good heel counter, which is important for my foot shape: flat, slightly wide feet with a somewhat narrow heel and achilles region. YMMV.

Jeff

BjornH

Reaction score
This is a great collection and I like the Marteganis.

I wish more of our members would take time to brighten our day like this. I would, but my shoes are nothing to tell the world about.

B

rsp1

Reaction score
This is the first I've heard of Romano Martegani -- where (hopefully in NYC) would one find such an awesome shoe?

Also, and not to hijack the thread too much, I've recently (thanks to this forum) become converted to the brown shoes beats black shoes camp. However, I work in a biz casual environment where typical dress is grey/charcoal slacks. While I see how brown shoes match terrificly with navy and brown slacks, I have a much harder time pairing them with grey slacks -- is it just in my head, or is something just off from a color matching perspective with the grey / brown combination?

thanks.

uppercase

Reaction score
wicozani,
a beautiful collection. and great taste.
with 8 new shoes, the next challenge will be to add on to your base collection with new, distinctive styles ... rather than more of the same.
keep us updated....
regards,

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is the first I've heard of Romano Martegani -- where (hopefully in NYC) would one find such an awesome shoe?
I know that Martegani makes shoes for some better-known labels, and although I don't know what those labels are, I'd be surprised if they weren't available in New York. Martegani-labelled shoes are probably more difficult to find, and Martegani shoes like those pictured are probably impossible to find there: they were produced to board participant RIDER's specifications in terms of last, leather, pattern, and finishing; and it's unlikely any other retailer would have specified exactly the same shoe. Here's a thread about the shoes.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wow. Those are gorgeous. What is the term, if any, for the type of shoe with a single piece of leather for the main front section of the shoe (as above)? Not wholecut, but...?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads