• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

People cheaping out on s#!t

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joe Cool
I'd bet at least a few of the invitees flat out can't spare (or just don't want to spend) 400 bucks a head for a party.

That being said, there are always plenty of deadbeats in every crowd.

Sad but true.

It 400 for both the girls, and everyone knew the cost upfront. If they couldnt afford it there was an easy time to decline.

Think of it this way, if you committed to go to a concert, once the organizer bought and paid for your ticket wouldnt you feel obliged to pay them back for it even if you decided you didnt want to go anymore?

That person paid money on your behalf based on your committed word.

K

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have great sympathy for your GF, but why didn't she get payment up front from attendees before putting down her own money? It's human nature to flake out at the last minute if the cost of doing so is minimal (or intangible, in the case of damage to one's reputation).

hadamulletonce

Reaction score
I understand the frustration, been through it a number of times. After being part of a number of wedding for numerous friends, it's best to plan for a few of them bailing and cheaping out.

When it comes to the wedding of a good friend, always take the high road. If your GF just blows it off and gets the extra coin from here friends, drop it and never bring it up again. Life it too short.

kleuzinger

Reaction score
In a way, you got out cheaply...you now know that knowing that woman is a waste of time as a person, and the money you lost is the price for vetting her.
On a vengeful note:
I would throw a dinner party 3 months ( revenge best serve cold) after the couple gets back from their honeymoon, and have your GF invite her (because your GF is a good person and above all of this bla bla bla), and then you rescind her invitation; do not tell anyone why. This is between her, you, and your GF. It will eventually come out about what she did; effectively barring her from your friendship circle.

Not as mean:
ban her from the dinner.

mean:
"allow" her to come. everyone would know why she was banned in the first place and it will be the most uncomfortable 2 hours of her life.

Hope this helps,
kenn

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
I have great sympathy for your GF, but why didn't she get payment up front from attendees before putting down her own money? It's human nature to flake out at the last minute if the cost of doing so is minimal (or intangible, in the case of damage to one's reputation).

Yea, she normally wouldn't have fronted the money, but the original organiser fucked up and my girlfriend stepped in to pick up the ball. By then they had to put book the house immediately (British seaside resort town that fills up quick).

As everyone else said, people flake and we've organized enough things to roll with the punches. The bigger issue is that this girl flaked for two people and is now blatantly lying about it to avoid blame (thereby making my girlfriend look bad).

K

superfans124

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Whatever you do, don't say anything to the girl personally. IF your GF wants to handle it face to face with her, let her. I've never seen a situation where the boyfriend tells off the friend end well. She ends up running to the girlfriend telling her how mean you were. Then you get **** from the girlfriend for being an asshole to her even though you were just trying to help.

actually I think that is a acceptable strategy, basically good ol' good cop and bad cop. you play the bad cop, she can watch the reactions from her girlfriends, if they tend to agree with you and support your GF, then she wins and you win; if they are hesitent to express their frustration/anger toward the said girl, then your girlfriend should stay innocent and let you take the heat, save herself lateron if necessary by using you as the scapegoat
musicboohoo[1].gif

it's not like you have to be dear friends with your GF's gfs, I usually would just leave ladies' business to the ladies, but if you think these connections are important to her, then that's how you can contribute.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
London Banker