• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul smith

Renwick

Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on Paul Smith and the quality of their clothing, other than the info on their site. Thanks.

ulf

Reaction score
Paul Smith is decent quality. Some items are very good, some stuff is pretty bad. Knitwear seems to be the weak point in my experience.

Suits, jackets and coats are generally safe. IMO.

Joe G

Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on Paul Smith and the quality of their clothing, other than the info on their site. Thanks.
His shirts are excellent. Even the quality of his diffusion line, PS Paul Smith, is comparable with the best of similarly-priced goods. His tailored clothes are also comparable to the best of the like-priced. Of note is his bespoke service, which is similar in quality to Kilgours' Shanghai Bespoke but offers some more interesting fabrics. (That said, I ultimately chose Kilgours for my conservative American interview suit.)

I still might get that flap-pocketed dinner jacket he's showing this year...

Peace,

JG

thc

Reaction score
Paul Smith is good quality especially his shirts and his suitings. I agree that knitwear seems to be a weakpoint. Paul Smith has a store here in NY and his line is sold at Barneys, Bergdorfs and Saks and at the small store called Camouflage (one of my favorite stores here in NYC.) I've seen his diffusion line at these places too.

Nevertheless, I'm not a huge fan of Paul Smith's designs. Something about them doesn't appeal to me. Too many stripes maybe....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads