• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pal Zileri suits - among the great Italian suitmakers or a mere second-fiddle?

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ricardo,

Keep in mind we here at SF are used to lower prices than the standard market sales or even ebay could offer.

I can offer low priced Pal Zileri suits, because I happen to live in Europe close to an outlet business that carry them.

But somebody living in Oklahoma or Taipei that wants a Pal Zileri suit could be forced to pay retail or maybe 25% reduction ( so around $1000 a suit ).

Another point to consider is that the items you get here heavily reduced are just a little selection of items and are usually not necesarily what you could be looking for. Those are closeouts bought from end of season sales.

So if you want a charcoal PZ in a 38R you'll have to pay a much higher price than what you'd pay for a PZ brown windowpane suit in a 54R here.

That is it.

robasaurus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
I only know one store in Toronto that carries a reasonable collection of PZ so I'm curious who does MTM Zileri in Canada.

The only store I've heard of is my own, Henry Singer, which is in Calgary and Edmonton only. That's who A Canucker was referring to in the post below yours.

Originally Posted by A Canuker
As for the suits here in Calgary there is one store and the prices are just to high to even bother to look. I'll have to go in one day and have a second glance but again SF has ruined the shopping in this town for this member.

One thing to keep in mind, Canucker, is that distribution is terrible in Canada. We will inevitably higher prices than anywhere in the US solely based on that and regardless of the current strength of our dollar. The prices of PZ suits (and anything else in my store or elsewhere) burns ****** any time I read a thread on here and hear about US prices. We really get the shaft on retail. That having been said, you would be hard-pressed to find better prices locally than when this stuff goes on sale.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hate to bring this up from the dead, but can anyone comment on their red label concept line? I purchased a pair of the red label concept cotton pants at a good discount and so far I'm quite happy with them.

misterbowles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ricardo Malocchio
I love charcoal gray, and I don't have one in this particular shade nor in a window-pane pattern. In short, there's a lot for me to like about this suit - with the exception of my unfamiliarity with Pal Zileri and inability to try on before buying!

The fit is right on the money, but I can't really speak to the quality of the fabric. The seller claims its super 100s wool. Among the pictures he sent, I think this one best reveals the fabric:

IMG_5595.jpg

That is a fantastic-looking suit. Love the windowpane, ticket pocket, pick-stitching, and the fact that it's a 2-button. And the attention to detail with the windowpanes lining up properly on the pocket flaps...

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by merkur
How does the Pal Zileri Sartoriale line compare to the Corneliani Linea Sartoria line?

Zileri Sartoriale is top notch (much more handwork than Corneliani) and comparable, if not better, than Zegna Couture and Borrelli. Some fabrics details are pretty crazy though and you have to like the fitted and very soft shoulder, zero padding cut. Prices are much higher than Corneliani too.

Azure

Reaction score
Yes, is a second file brand for SF standarts. They do carry them in my area.

I prefer Corneliani by far. but Zileri´s shirts are best of the best.

The picture of the dummy is great but the stuff I see here is by far more fat than that.

Price, 700 -1300 euros for

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PZ Sartorial line is very nice.. & the Sartorial shirts & ties are beautifully hand finished, down to teh "crows feet" stitching for the buttons.

Wicky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chris "Italia"
Sartoriale line is right on par Brioni. Better than Borrelli and Zegna Napoli.

A notch below Kiton.

Dream on.

Because its hard to get in the US its all of a sudden top notch? In some European countries you trip over PZ (main line and sartoriale) and their top line is comparable to Caruso at best (also in pricing). Like Lakewolf mentioned, during sales here you can get it a very very reduced prices.

Azure

Reaction score
The sartoriale is quite nice yes, but not Brioni.. Far better than Zegna!

I hate Zegna! too big for me,they don´t catch my measures as Corneliani does!

I got a 300 euro sartoriale shirt and yes, was quite nice.

As I say, I think that PZ are far better on shirts than suits.Being their shirts top notch and not very expensive. Made in italy!!

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Keep in mind Pal Zileri is targeting a wide audience and hence their stuff tends to be very "safe" with the occassional gems. It also depends a lot on what each distributor chose to buy from a collection. For example, while there are geniuenly exciting pieces from their fall/winter 08 collection, the HK stores looked like a funeral home with dark suits galore.

coloRLOw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hi,guys
any idea of Pal Zileri Sartoriale green label ?
From B&S, someone says "
Green Label is the younger line of Pal Zileri Sartoriale", but don't mention the quality

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads