• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Padma's back, bitches!

esquire.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Marcel was a twat and over-defensive, but he's got a legitimate case to be paranoid.

Even on this reunion show, the producers continued with their editing shenanigans to minimize what happened to him/ to make him look him as weird as possible.

Originally Posted by kwilkinson
When I heard my boy Manty say Casey was lookin good, I had to d/l t he episode. First I've seen all season this year. She was lookin hawt and her ******* were looking amaaaazing as usual.

And, fake as well...

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by esquire.
Marcel was a twat and over-defensive, but he's got a legitimate case to be paranoid.

Even on this reunion show, the producers continued with their editing shenanigans to minimize what happened to him/ to make him look him as weird as possible.

Bullshit. I realize there is some truth to this, but it doesn't cover everything.

What context could you put his comments in that would make him NOT weird? What editing job made him perform a comically bad gangster rap on a rooftop? Treat a normal walk to a restaurant like a parkour course? Snottily tell Stefan he didn't even watch that season and then cry about Stefan calling him a "twat" during it?

His behavior is consistent with a small, mildly socially marsupialed, nerdy guy who hasn't handled his newfound notoriety well.

He's a douche, but frankly I'm disappointed in myself for spending so much time on the man.

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Marcel was a twat and over-defensive, but he's got a legitimate case to be paranoid. Even on this reunion show, the producers continued with their editing shenanigans to minimize what happened to him/ to make him look him as weird as possible. And, fake as well...
It's not editing; Marcel is a dbag in real life too, even if you don't say anything to him negative. He's just arrogant and has that vibe.

esquire.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Bullshit. I realize there is some truth to this, but it doesn't cover everything.

What context could you put his comments in that would make him NOT weird? What editing job made him perform a comically bad gangster rap on a rooftop? Treat a normal walk to a restaurant like a parkour course? Snottily tell Stefan he didn't even watch that season and then cry about Stefan calling him a "twat" during it?

His behavior is consistent with a small, mildly socially marsupialed, nerdy guy who hasn't handled his newfound notoriety well.

He's a douche, but frankly I'm disappointed in myself for spending so much time on the man.

When I brought up those facts about Leah's actual record on the show and her work history, I was accused of being a stalker and I don't want to be accused of stalking Marcel when Jeff from season 5 was waaay dreamier.
laugh.gif

But, there were at least two things on that show that was edited to such an extent that I thought it was unfair to Marcel.

I'm not denying he's a douchebag or a twat.

But, if that **** happened to me, I'd have a chip on my shoulders as well. Its bad enough that his other competitors assualted him like that, but then it gets even worse when the producers manipulated the editing to kind of cover up what really happened.

If Fabio had asked me those questions, I would have been like, "Fine, you want me to talk about what happened. Then, let's really talk about really happened... And, why the producers thought they needed to manipulate the editing instead of showing what really happened."

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
When I brought up those facts about Leah's actual record on the show and her work history, I was accused of being a stalker and I don't want to be accused of stalking Marcel when Jeff from season 5 was waaay dreamier.
laugh.gif

But, there were at least two things on that show that was edited to such an extent that I thought it was unfair to Marcel.

I'm not denying he's a douchebag or a twat.

But, if that **** happened to me, I'd have a chip on my shoulders as well. Its bad enough that his other competitors assualted him like that, but then it gets even worse when the producers manipulated the editing to kind of cover up what really happened.

If Fabio had asked me those questions, I would have been like, "Fine, you want me to talk about what happened. Then, let's really talk about really happened... And, why the producers thought they needed to manipulate the editing instead of showing what really happened."

facepalm.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

What was edited out? What was covered up? Everyone who watched the clip knew Cliff pinned down Marcel while others were supposed to shave his head. If they somehow missed that, the judges repeated what happened in the next segment and then discussed it. Then the other chefs discussed it. Finally, the promos hinted at the incident.

I realize this is the "victim generation," but what the hell could possibly have been omitted? And don't hide behind some "If I tell you, the other SFers will make fun of me" victim defense.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know the chefs aren't coming up with new preparations off the top of their heads for every show (it's risky to try something totally new to you and expect it to work), but I was surprised to see Michael's "boneless" chicken wing last night--that's a dish on the menu at minibar and, I assume, bazaar.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
I know the chefs aren't coming up with new preparations off the top of their heads for every show (it's risky to try something totally new to you and expect it to work), but I was surprised to see Michael's "boneless" chicken wing last night--that's a dish on the menu at minibar and, I assume, bazaar.

When I heard Padma's comment about his boneless chicken wing, I thought to myself: "WTF???". She goes "the dollop of cold blue cheese on top of the wing was a nice surprise compared with the heat of the chicken wing." Has she never eaten buffalo wings at any bar or pizzaria in the Northeast? Blue cheese dressing is the standard condiment that comes with buffalo wings anywhere you go around here. Hell, they serve blue cheese dressing with boneless buffalo wings at Applebees. I'm not sure why she was so "surprised" by the combination.

In any case, it seems like Jen has really fallen off. In fact, she probably should have gone home last night, except that I think the judges keep giving her chances in the hopes that she'll come alive again.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
When I heard Padma's comment about his boneless chicken wing, I thought to myself: "WTF???". She goes "the dollop of cold blue cheese on top of the wing was a nice surprise compared with the heat of the chicken wing." Has she never eaten buffalo wings at any bar or pizzaria in the Northeast? Blue cheese dressing is the standard condiment that comes with buffalo wings anywhere you go around here. Hell, they serve blue cheese dressing with boneless buffalo wings at Applebees. I'm not sure why she was so "surprised" by the combination.

In any case, it seems like Jen has really fallen off. In fact, she probably should have gone home last night, except that I think the judges keep giving her chances in the hopes that she'll come alive again.

I think she was referring more to the temperature difference as opposed to the contrast in flavor/spice; it looked like the blue cheese was prepped on an anti-grill.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
I think she was referring more to the temperature difference as opposed to the contrast in flavor/spice; it looked like the blue cheese was prepped on an anti-grill.

Even if that's the case, the whole point of having blue cheese with hot wings is that it cools down both the temperature and the spiciness. I guess the blue cheese could have been really cold, but still, I don't see how that combination can, in any way, be a surprise to anyone.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Padma, chicken wing, and blue cheese dressing: guys, it could be she was just blathering on (as usual) and that's what came out of her mouth. She might eat wings on a weekly basis, with blue cheese, and she had a brain fart and just blathered this out. That's what I think happened.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Jen is definitely through. I cried for her last night.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No kidding. She's just lost the edge. Has no desire to compete. Unless the are playing around with the editing, she really seems to want to go home.

I forgot to say, how could they have made boring an episode whose first half revolves around Padma and Nigella in bed in a Las Vegas hotel room?

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Jen is definitely through. I cried for her last night.

Yeah, maybe it was the editing, but it seemed to me like she got wasted on beer at Excalibur right before the cooking competition.

Crakaveli

Reaction score
michael talking **** about kevin's cooking is great. the show needs a rivalry.

i just don't think jen is cut out for this kind of competition. doesn't mean she's a bad cook.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads