• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

P Johnson MTM

kayhill

Reaction score
My experience has been anywhere from 4-8 weeks (picking mine up today, 8 weeks after order).

I think they quote 6-8 weeks for suits but if you need something specific I sure they would try to help you out. Get in touch with them to find out.

Add a week to that if you have alterations made at your second fitting.

centrix

Reaction score
sooo if i wish to make a suit here at a later date, should i make a shirt here first? or should i just go with someone like peter nacklhe

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sooo if i wish to make a suit here at a later date, should i make a shirt here first? or should i just go with someone like peter nacklhe

If you're thinking of a shirtmaker based out in Parramatta, it's Charles Nakhle.

I don't think that you'd have a have a shirt made at P.Johnson before you have a suit made although, if you'd like to have a shirt made, there's also no reason why you couldn't have a shirt and a suit made at the same time.

centrix

Reaction score
It's more of a lack of available funds thing. Any advice is welcome

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It's more of a lack of available funds thing. Any advice is welcome
Centrix - sorry I only just realised there was a P.Johnson Thread - feel free to come in for a shirt. No minimums and good way to see what we can do.

FWIW if anyone in NYC or CHI is interested in P.Johnson we are conducting our inaugural trunk show next month. We will be returning every 7 weeks for fittings. Details as follows:

We are excited to announce that our first two North American trunk shows will be held in New York and Chicago on the following dates:
-
New York, February 17th - 19th
The Towers - The New York Palace Hotel - 455 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10022
-
Chicago, February 20th - 22nd
For location details please contact [email protected]
-
To secure an appointment or if you have any queries please email [email protected]

Cavarra

Reaction score
Was looking through the P Johnson Tumblr and came across this incredible polo/shirt knit that Patrick is wearing. Any idea if it is a one off or can be made/purchased! It is next level!

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was looking through the P Johnson Tumblr and came across this incredible polo/shirt knit that Patrick is wearing. Any idea if it is a one off or can be made/purchased! It is next level!

I think that you should just call or e-mail P.Johnson to ask. If you e-mail them, send them a link to the Tumblr post.

Anyway, after your post in the Australian Member's thread, a bit of detective work by iSurg and Sartorial Scum showed that it may well be one of these shirts:

http://www.pjohnsonshop.com/collections/shirts/products/navy-airtex-giro-inglese-shirt

However, the best way to be sure is to talk with them by phone or e-mail.

Sartorial Scum

Reaction score
Been asked for this by 5-6 people so apologies for my laziness.

Here are some comparison shots of my PJohnson and Suit Shop suits.

PJ in Charcoal Sharkskin and SS in Navy

Both are in a Ariston S130 Cloth.

Standard lapel with for both.

PJ Suit is using a lightweight canvas with no padding in the shoulder in the PJ classic

SS Suit is in the soft shoulder

I feel like the PJ suit drapes a bit better with less structure in the chest and shoulders but both feel excellent.

These were both my first commissions with a few alterations made for ones I have coming.

This one is from the recent "Trainwreck" Friday challenge - Unstructured, Wide Notch Lapels, Patch Pockets

Will be receiving one from the PJ Roma line in a couple of weeks in a lighter grey S150's with the Neapolitan "Spalla Camicia" Shoulder.

Last edited:

kayhill

Reaction score
Excellent. Thanks for that SS.

Do you feel there is a noticeable difference in workmanship?

Sartorial Scum

Reaction score
Yes the one from Suit Shop is half canvassed.

The most noticeable thing IMO is that my PJohnson suit has essentially no padding through the chest and shoulders(none that I can feel anyway) which makes it lighter and cooler in the summer and gives the cloth a nicer drape.

The Suit Shop suit is definitely very well constructed and has excellent options in terms of cloth as well. (Loro Piana, Ariston ….)

I have another Herringbone MTM and rate the Suit shop suit above and beyond although the price was significant less than what i paid for my Herringbone mtm.

Both offer excellent value and I certainly will (and have) be ordering more from them in the future.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads