• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ozwald Boateng's new television show

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apparently the Sundance channel will have a new reality series based on OB's opening of a new store in the US. Here are some details about episode 1: 2006 - mins - Color As the Creative Director of menswear for French fashion house Givenchy, Ozwald Boateng is recognized in Europe as one of the fashion world’s brightest young designers. His vibrant and revolutionary cutting edge clothing has redefined traditional menswear, and has been worn by celebrity clients, including Mick Jagger, Samuel L. Jackson, Jude Law and Will Smith. This eight-part documentary series follows the wizard of London’s Savile Row on a high-stakes transatlantic journey as he attempts to launch his own fashion line in America. Renowned in Europe for his bold and revolutionary men’s clothing, British fashion designer Ozwald Boateng is being honored with a retrospective catwalk show at London’s prestigious Victorian and Albert Museum. Boateng and executives of his Savile Row firm hope the high-profile evening will spur interest in his clothing in America, a market where Boateng is largely unknown and hopes to establish a foothold. However, just before the important show is about to go on, the energy of the event is disrupted by a seemingly trivial matter. (from: http://www.sundancechannel.com/film/...he+Film+Finder) edit: here is the official site for the show: http://www.sundancechannel.com/boateng/ bob

korinkahn

Reaction score
According to Oswalds' bio he is 100% self-taught in the disipline of tailoring-so he is not really a true Savile Row tailor, right?

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by korinkahn
According to Oswalds' bio he is 100% self-taught in the disipline of tailoring-so he is not really a true Savile Row tailor, right?

There have been hundreds of pages written on this forum defining the word "tailor;" mostly pedantic IMO.

korinkahn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mike C.
There have been hundreds of pages written on this forum defining the word "tailor;" mostly pedantic IMO.

my point is Oswald has no business exploiting/prostituting the name of Savile Row- he is disgusting

GreyFlannelMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by korinkahn
my point is Oswald has no business exploiting/prostituting the name of Savile Row- he is disgusting

Oh give me a break. He's not "exploiting/prostituting the name" of SR any more than any other business there. Richard James, one of my faves, is on the Row. And now -- and this should "disgust" you more than OB -- Abercrombie & Fitch is on the Row.

No one looking for the traditional SR suit is going to go to OB. They will continue to visit A&S, Dege, Kilgour, and so on. OB is appealing to a different crowd. And if what he designs brings more people into suits, I applaud him for it.

I think this show will be interesting. Sort of like the Gordon Ramsey of the mens' fashion world.

Kamala

Reaction score
I can't wait until this show premieres. I think that some of the posters here will be turned off simply because it's Boateng. In my opinion, Boateng is a revolutionary who will be thought of as a genius in the future.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
I just hope it's not a reality series as in OMGDRAMAEVERYFIVESECONDS.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreyFlannelMan
I think this show will be interesting. Sort of like the Gordon Ramsey of the mens' fashion world.

I was thinking of a show similar to season 1 of Blow Out, but with men's fashion.

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I was thinking of a show similar to season 1 of Blow Out, but with men's fashion.

And hopefully, we won't see Ozwald crying in every other scene.

GreyFlannelMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart

Yeah, I think that's probably a better comparison. And like scnupe says, I hoiep we don't have to see OB crying or visiting his therapist. Or, if you want
to compare it to S1 of Blow Out, obvious and ridiculous product placements!

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scnupe7
And hopefully, we won't see Ozwald crying in every other scene.

or that he has a evil twin brother that he didnt know existed and was kept from him because he held a deep dark secret from their past. or a girlfriend/partner/wife who just woke up after falling to a coma the day after they got married and doesnt remember him at all. or him having a dark past as part of the british intelligence force or was a classified operative for the raf who singlehandedly wiped out a whole village in faulklands.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads